No Glocks in MA? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Glocks in MA?

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    The law reads that in order for you to be "grandfathered" in you would have had to have possession of your magazines on 9/13/1994. So if you owned them on that date you are good to go. If they were made on that date how could anyone be in possession of them on that date? Never saw a Glock mag with a date stamped on them except the ones in Mass.that hold more then 10 rounds. They are stamped LEO only
    Wasn't 100% sure of the laws there. I know some states have a requirement that they be made before a certain date. So mine are no good for you guys. Glad Florida doesn't have those laws.

Mine are dated on the back. They were stamped due to the federal ban, but I was able to buy them anyways due to being in the Marines at the time. They also say "Restricted LE/Govt Use Only"

How would they prove you didn't have the mags before that date, if they were not date stamped, and were an old enough generation in the case of Glock mags?

I have heard of some getting around the 30 round mag bans in some states if they own a 50 Beowulf AR since a 30 round .5.56 mag is a 10 round mag for the 50 Beowulf.

in MA the way around the 10 shot mag law is to buy a gun manufactured pre- ban(94).... any gun pre-ban can ignore the 10 shot mag law.... (at least that's the way it was explained to me)

4. Why would you want to go from one commie state to another? The laws in both states suck for residents, but they are worse for non-residents. Non-residents can't hardly stop to pee in either state.

Quote Originally Posted by barecove View Post
    in MA the way around the 10 shot mag law is to buy a gun manufactured pre- ban(94).... any gun pre-ban can ignore the 10 shot mag law.... (at least that's the way it was explained to me)
    I have never heard this interpretation, and would be cautious about applying it. My understanding is that the magazine limit and the AWB are two different things. A pre-ban reciever (such as on an AR) allows grandfathered use of the "evil features" like bayonet lugs and adjustable stocks, but does not to my knowledge allow use of post-ban magazines of greater than 10 round capacity. That being said, I am not a lawyer or a LEO, so someone else may be able to further clarify.

There ARE dealers in MA that are selling Gen4 Glocks :) Since the AG won't release a new approved roster some have "gone rogue".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12