No Glocks in MA?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Glocks in MA?

No Glocks in MA?

Im coming from communist NY to vacation in Cape cod.I heard there is a no Glock Rule unless they were bought from 1998 and earlier?Is this true?My only other option is my S&W model 60 revolver.Can I carry this legally??I hear there is a list of all kinds of guns that you can not buy no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Feimer74 View Post
    Im coming from communist NY to vacation in Cape cod.I heard there is a no Glock Rule unless they were bought from 1998 and earlier?Is this true?My only other option is my S&W model 60 revolver.Can I carry this legally??I hear there is a list of all kinds of guns that you can not buy no more.
    The date is Sept. 13 1994. BTW what are you using to make possessing a handgun legal in Mass?
    Glock magazines are the problem not the gun. The mags are hard to date and hard to prove.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Im a LEO and using 218

That point would have saved some typing. LEO's do carry high capacity Glocks in Mass. As far as HR 218 and you carrying in Mass. I am not sure. You could always be on the safe side and buy some 10 round mags.
    Just curious, where are you staying? You can PM me that if you care to.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

6. MA does not recognize any permit from any other state but MA so you will be ILLEGAL. If you have a MA permit you are OK if you have a 10 round magazine or less.

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    The date is Sept. 13 1994. BTW what are you using to make possessing a handgun legal in Mass?
    Glock magazines are the problem not the gun. The mags are hard to date and hard to prove.
    Is the date before 09-13-94 or after that date? I have 5 Glock 22 .40S&W mags dated 9-13-94. Would mine be legal up there? I'd be willing to trade with someone if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Feimer74 View Post
    Im a LEO and using 218
    Why would you not fall under HR 218, The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act which allows you a bunch of latitude. You'll just have to leave your machine gun at home.
    “If I only had three words of advice, they would be, Tell the Truth. If got three more words, I'd add, all the time.” ~ Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by trucker View Post
    MA does not recognize any permit from any other state but MA so you will be ILLEGAL. If you have a MA permit you are OK if you have a 10 round magazine or less.
    Please read his post where he said he was LEO using HR 218
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Quote Originally Posted by tuflehundon View Post
    Is the date before 09-13-94 or after that date? I have 5 Glock 22 .40S&W mags dated 9-13-94. Would mine be legal up there? I'd be willing to trade with someone if so.
    The law reads that in order for you to be "grandfathered" in you would have had to have possession of your magazines on 9/13/1994. So if you owned them on that date you are good to go. If they were made on that date how could anyone be in possession of them on that date? Never saw a Glock mag with a date stamped on them except the ones in Mass.that hold more then 10 rounds. They are stamped LEO only
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

You can have the normal capacity magazines, if they don't have a date code post 9/94, do not have a LEO, Military, or Export Only restricted message, or if they are are not dated at all. Many of the pre ban magazines would not be dated. There was no reason to prove when they were made prior to the ban.. I have a pile of undated 15 round factory pistol mags and 20 & 30 round AR mags.. Bought and traded in the state from dealers.. Unless the pants wetting progressive liberals change the laws to make normal citizens into felons, They are legal.. Any date stamped magazine post 09/94 is illegal because the liberals say so..

And as a non resident you don't have to worry about what you can and can't posses in the state.. The "list" pertains to residents and what they can buy in the state. I've ignored it enough to know..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast