Help with Non-Resident LTC - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Non-Resident LTC

The old NRA Personal Protection is on the EOPS list as LTC-003. The NRA has dropped that course and now offers two new ones: Personal Protection Inside the Home (PPIH) and Personal Protection Outside the Home (PPOH). The new courses are not on the EOPS list yet.

I offer several courses, including PPIH, but give the NRA Basic Pistol course at the Hartford Gun Club because it is the benchmark for CT required training as well as being on the EOPS list.
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." ~ Ronald Reagan

So then, it is acceptable correct??

I spoke to T.Brown this a.m. and asked about THAT certificate being needed for Non-Res. RENEWAL and he said you do not need to send in certificates if it is a renewal, but still need to fill application along with Other items needed. Lady at the Firearms Support in Chelsea where application is sent from and sent to said pretty much the same thing. Don't get confused guys...this is for non-res renewal. Soon as I get the Package in the mail I'll get it back out in the mail along with the $100. ........ouch!!!! Hey, I guess it is better than $250. + eh? I'll keep updated if I run into any changes.
    thnx.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

.....I should also add, any certificates you do get over time wouldn't hurt to send in. The more course taken the better......from what I was told, being resident or non.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

That is correct - a certificate is only needed with new license applications, not with renewal applications.

There is currently a bill in committee that would change the price to $ 40.00, and term to 6 years, even for non-residents. Let's hope it passes!
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." ~ Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by robmcd View Post
    Both residents and non-residents are required to supply proof of training. There are currently 18 courses that are approved. The catch is that you must take the course from a Massachusetts State Police certified instructor who provides you with the Massachusetts State Police Basic Firearms Safety course certificate. This certificate is what must be included with the application, not an NRA or other training academy certificate.
    Yes. My bad. I guess I screwed up where I put the (required by residents) I meant to say "same as the one required by residents". ALL non resident apps go through the State Police.

What gets me is, after you pass the required exam to be an NRA instructor in the state, The State Police take that, charge you fifty bucks and give you ANOTHER piece of paper saying you're qualified, LOL! Like that makes you MORE qualified. It just makes you $50 poorer.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12