Current non-res turnaround time - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Current non-res turnaround time

What I meant to ask on my last statement was, what is the current procedure for a MA. res.? Have you always mailed your new/renewal appl to Chelsea or have you always mailed it to your local police dept.?
    In which case now, a MA. res. has to BRING it to their local dept. OR state for a new/renewal and not mail it.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Do I need a permit from MD to get a MA permit or when an out of state permit work? I am located in MD

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    What I meant to ask on my last statement was, what is the current procedure for a MA. res.? Have you always mailed your new/renewal appl to Chelsea or have you always mailed it to your local police dept.?
    In which case now, a MA. res. has to BRING it to their local dept. OR state for a new/renewal and not mail it.
    Sambo,

In PRMA we have to bring it to our local PD...they review it, call you, and make an appt for you to come down. The whole PRMA process is to try and discourage you from your right.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by Abacab View Post
    Do I need a permit from MD to get a MA permit or when an out of state permit work? I am located in MD
    I am not 100% sure on this. Do you have the Non-Res application? I am hoping it says it on there.

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    I am not 100% sure on this. Do you have the Non-Res application? I am hoping it says it on there.
    It specifically says home state but has a provision if your state does not issue them. Get a letter from your local police chief, notarized, confirming there would be no reason for you not to get one from MA. Also, notarized documentation saying my state does not issue a LTC.

Here's the problem: Maryland DOES issue them but only once every century.

From what you said there....I believe you will need a Permit from MD.....Maybe ask your police chief if there is anything he can do? You never know....however, I don't think you would get far, depends on if he is pro 2A in my opinion

From what you said there....I believe you will need a Permit from MD.....Maybe ask your police chief if there is anything he can do? You never know....however, I don't think you would get far, depends on if he is pro 2A in my opinion
    Still trying to get an answer on this issue of whether or not I need a permit from Maryland. I have two permits from neighboring MA states! Come on!

It's a joke isn't it...............
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by Abacab View Post
    Still trying to get an answer on this issue of whether or not I need a permit from Maryland. I have two permits from neighboring MA states! Come on!
    Welcome to the PRMA process...nothing is clear and cut. Do you have a MA application? If so I am sure there is some number on there to call. I honestly don't know how it works for NON-RES since I never have dealt with the process before. PRMA has a very confusing system. Best of luck to you and keep us updated.

-Capo-

Welcome to the PRMA process...nothing is clear and cut. Do you have a MA application? If so I am sure there is some number on there to call. I honestly don't know how it works for NON-RES since I never have dealt with the process before. PRMA has a very confusing system. Best of luck to you and keep us updated.

-Capo-
    Yeah, I'm going to call them today and find out their view on the matter. I'll pray that neighboring state permits will suffice. Hell, I have six non-res permits! Have I not demonstrated competence at this point?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast