Current non-res turnaround time
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Current non-res turnaround time

1. Current non-res turnaround time

It took me about 8 weeks to get mine back.

No more "all lawful purposes", now it says "RESTRICTION: NONE"

Quote Originally Posted by dustindu4 View Post
    It took me about 8 weeks to get mine back.

No more "all lawful purposes", now it says "RESTRICTION: NONE"
    Congrats! I don't get it. It is way easier for Non-resident permits. Residents jump through way more hoops and get knocked down. Gotta love PRMA...haha I so need to move.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

haha I so need to move. Come on now, how long have You been saying that capo??!!!!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    haha I so need to move. Come on now, how long have You been saying that capo??!!!!
    Wayyyyyyyy to long haha! Next year hopefully will be the year.

I just received my application today for non-res MA permit. They've changed the app and now make you appear in person in Chelsea. Great.

Quote Originally Posted by Abacab View Post
    I just received my application today for non-res MA permit. They've changed the app and now make you appear in person in Chelsea. Great.
    You have to go to Chelsea now? What if you lived far away but commuted here every so often? How would this work? I feel for ya man! Best of luck, let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    You have to go to Chelsea now? What if you lived far away but commuted here every so often? How would this work? I feel for ya man! Best of luck, let us know how it goes.
    The whole process has changed starting August 1st. Now you will no longer have to obtain fingerprints from local police.

Applicants no longer need to get passport size photograph

An LTC will be issued on a wallet sized, digitally printed plastic card

And you have to appear in person.

Has MA always required proof of a home state license? I live in Maryland where we can't get one (even though it is technically "may issue") Am I SOL when it comes to MA? I have permits from VA, FL and NH. Currently doing CT
    Last edited by Abacab; 08-08-2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Correction

I just got mine renewed a couple weeks back and nothing was mentioned to me about going in person for future renewals. I'm sure though, when I renew I'll get the "new" appl.
    By mailing in the appl., it usually took like 2 months or a little longer. I'm wondering how long it will take now the new way? This is all done by appointment also, correct??
    Maybe I'll bring up an application online to see what it looks like. Thnx. for the info.!

capo, "from living far away and having to have to go in person"........like You have said before, that's MA. again trying to deter people from getting their license's. They will do anything to piss people off to the point that it'll be not worht it to get a license in MA. Just make things more difficult.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    I just got mine renewed a couple weeks back and nothing was mentioned to me about going in person for future renewals. I'm sure though, when I renew I'll get the "new" appl.
    By mailing in the appl., it usually took like 2 months or a little longer. I'm wondering how long it will take now the new way? This is all done by appointment also, correct??
    Maybe I'll bring up an application online to see what it looks like. Thnx. for the info.!

capo, "from living far away and having to have to go in person"........like You have said before, that's MA. again trying to deter people from getting their license's. They will do anything to piss people off to the point that it'll be not worht it to get a license in MA. Just make things more difficult.
    Itís crazy how they do things here. For a resident we need to do the following...

1) Pick up an application from local PD
    2) Take a class that the state will recognize as actually being a "class"
    3) Make an appointment with your local PD for a meeting, more like an interrogation if you ask me...
    4) Pay $100 to the PD, which is non-refundable even if you don't get your permit
    5) Wait a long time to see if you even get a permit (it may not even be the one you applied for because they can deny you or knock you down as the chief sees fit)
    6) Go to purchase a firearm....get back round checked alllllllll over again....and then get your firearm

And they want to make this tougher???????

Yeahhhhhhhhh I highly doubt a criminal follows that process or even is aware that there is a process....keep thinking this works PRMA...

From what I saw on here in USACarry under MA., a resident whether it is New or Renewal must take it (completed application) to your local police dept., where as a Non-Res., must now CALL the Fire Arms Bureau first.
    For a MA. Res., you do not mail application to the Fire Arms Bureau in Chelsea but instead mail it to your local police dept.??
    Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    Itís crazy how they do things here. For a resident we need to do the following...

1) Pick up an application from local PD
    2) Take a class that the state will recognize as actually being a "class"
    3) Make an appointment with your local PD for a meeting, more like an interrogation if you ask me...
    4) Pay $100 to the PD, which is non-refundable even if you don't get your permit
    5) Wait a long time to see if you even get a permit (it may not even be the one you applied for because they can deny you or knock you down as the chief sees fit)
    6) Go to purchase a firearm....get back round checked alllllllll over again....and then get your firearm

And they want to make this tougher???????

Yeahhhhhhhhh I highly doubt a criminal follows that process or even is aware that there is a process....keep thinking this works PRMA...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast