Informe the office or not? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Informe the office or not?

Where does it show this? I went to handgunlaw.us and which did bring up MA. but I do not see where it shows this......help.....
    Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Handgunlaw.us says that you do NOT need to inform the officer in MA.

And the forum Sambo was talking about is a Mass. LEO forum. Mostly a bunch of pricks it seems.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

If you click Handgunlaw.us-MA it should go to a PDF with a U.S. Map showing all the states that will honor the MA license (I usually increase the size to at least 75%). Just above Maine it says "Must Info Officer: NO".

Furthermore, as far as I have found, it doesn't say anywhere in the MA firearms codes that you must inform.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    If you click Handgunlaw.us-MA it should go to a PDF with a U.S. Map showing all the states that will honor the MA license (I usually increase the size to at least 75%). Just above Maine it says "Must Info Officer: NO".

Furthermore, as far as I have found, it doesn't say anywhere in the MA firearms codes that you must inform.
    thanks for the info guys!
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Found it, right in front of my face! How the hell did I miss that one??!!! Copy of this will now be put in my glove box and bike. thnx!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Of course it goes without saying (I hope) that "Because Tim from the forum said I don't have to" isn't going to hold water with anyone. I'd suggest you read the entire MA gun laws (linked above) to your own satisfaction. If you really want to be certain, you should consult with an attorney.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Yes, I know that. I myself was looking for something in writing/on paper.
    Handgunlaw also has written, "you are responsible for validating your own information", AND "last updated August 3, 2009".
    Class taught us that even though there "is no law" (in MA, NH) stating You have to inform the officer or not, you should use your own discretion. I choose to use my own discretion depending on the circumstances at that time. I agree that you May get an officer telling You that there is a law, but if I have something stating this and hopefully updated I can have it as a back up. As mentioned earlier on here, we can go on this subject all day long which is why some links were inserted.
    Like I said, I'll use my own judgement to inform or not. As far as I'm concerned...there is no law. If it back fires on me, well.........you'll be reading about me in the paper someday!
    thnx again for the info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12