Michigan Open Carry Meeting Broken-up
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan Open Carry Meeting Broken-up

Michigan Open Carry Meeting Broken-up

Looks like a steakhouse owner allows Michigan Open Carry to have a meeting there until someone showed up with an AR15. Then they called the police. No one was arrested and it says they are working with Open Carry so this doesn't happen again.

Read the story here:
    Gun Carriers Walk into Ponderosa Steakhouse

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

In some ways this is sad, it gets difficult when you put both the Gun Owners rights and store owners rights on the table. People need to quit freaking out. People with the GUT's to pull off an open carry are not the type to do something stupid. At this point I do not have the courage to open carry. Imagine if every law-abiding person walked around with pistols in plane view. The bad-gals/guys wouldn't think of acting up. I believe my 2nd amendment Right is my CWP. Like Ted says in this video .......

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/conce...11181-ted.html

There's always someone (the AR15 owner) that wants to make a statement. He had no business there with the AR15 - it was supposed to be a meeting about handgun open carry - not to open carry bazookas. Another irresponsible gun owner who has an ego problem. Did the handgun owners ask him to leave too?

WoW. Just. WoW. There is always someone that just has to push the envelope. WTG! Until the envelope starts pushing back. I suppose wandering into a restaurant with an AR15 would naturally have everyone happy to see you?

If the person showing up with the AR 15 had the rifle slung across their back or over their shoulder in a "non threatening" manner, then there should have been no issue, and the other handgun owners as well as the assistant manager of the restaurant should simply have asked them to leave. Now if the person showed up with the rifle at "port arms" or in some aggressive and threatening manner, then I could understand why the police were called.

Some might say that this was "over the top". Others may argue that incidents like this are actually helpful to our cause. Being that no arrests were made, I would say that all parties involved were in compliance with the law. I fully support citizens exercising their 2A rights. I might not choose to OC a AR 15, but I surely won't discourage anyone else who would lawfully choose to do so. Thinking back to the good 'ole days, I can remember stories that some older buddies of mind would tell me. Back in the 50s', they were growing up in very rural parts of the U.S. They were only 10 years old or so, and would walk around town with their .22 LR rifle slung across their back. Another buddy would tell me of how he would collect empty pop bottles and take them to the local general store so he'd get the deposit money and use the money to purchase a box of cartridges to go plinking. I strongly believe that if all law abiding citizens were allowed to carry their firearms as they choose to do so, then America would be a lot safer place.

I have NEVER seen a criminal commit a violent crime with a firearm while OCing.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    If the person showing up with the AR 15 had the rifle slung across their back or over their shoulder in a "non threatening" manner, then there should have been no issue, and the other handgun owners as well as the assistant manager of the restaurant should simply have asked them to leave. Now if the person showed up with the rifle at "port arms" or in some aggressive and threatening manner, then I could understand why the police were called.

Some might say that this was "over the top". Others may argue that incidents like this are actually helpful to our cause. Being that no arrests were made, I would say that all parties involved were in compliance with the law. I fully support citizens exercising their 2A rights. I might not choose to OC a AR 15, but I surely won't discourage anyone else who would lawfully choose to do so. Thinking back to the good 'ole days, I can remember stories that some older buddies of mind would tell me. Back in the 50s', they were growing up in very rural parts of the U.S. They were only 10 years old or so, and would walk around town with their .22 LR rifle slung across their back. Another buddy would tell me of how he would collect empty pop bottles and take them to the local general store so he'd get the deposit money and use the money to purchase a box of cartridges to go plinking. I strongly believe that if all law abiding citizens were allowed to carry their firearms as they choose to do so, then America would be a lot safer place.

I have NEVER seen a criminal commit a violent crime with a firearm while OCing.

gf
    Very good points .......

my girlfriend knows where ponderosa is she use to live in lansing.. i agree so does she
    it's wrong for the police being called they was just having a meeting

I agree with Glock Fan as the 2A gives the "right to keep and bear", however openly carrying the AR15 into the restaurant is parallel to yelling "FIRE" in an theater (now days). If someone has a CCW, why would that person want to open carry. During a protest when the president was in Phoenix, a citizen open carried an AR15 - which is legal here, just to prove a point - that he could. It got a lot of attention, positive and negative, depending on the news outlet you watched.
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but I believe it was a poor decision for his choice to carry an AR15 into a restaurant.

in a previous post I has stated the AR15 carrier had no business doing so. I was wrong for saying that - if it's legal - it is what it is. I don't want to single out any specific firearm from open carry if it's within the legal parameters of the law.

The clown who showed up with the assault rifle is one of those who likes OC'ing around town trying to provoke the police. You can see a lot of his videos of when he gets detained on youtube. Search for KIMBERGUY.
    In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast