open carry or violating?

Thread: open carry or violating?

open carry or violating?

I do alot of field trialing with my beagles, so therefore I run them all of the time almost year round. The small game season ends on March 31. Between April 1st and April 15th when I am out running I still open carry my Ruger single six 22. After April 15 is the "quiet time" until July 8th. Which means no training of dogs on rabbits. Where I run is mostly state land with alot of people and coyotes. I have had people try to take my dogs before. I have had coyotes come in to my dogs as well. These are why I open carry there.

My question is, if I am carrying a weapon while out running rabbits during the off season, could I be considered hunting out of season, even though that is not my reason for carrying?

Brian

Open season

Since there are open seasons on woodchucks & such, I for one would not be on state lands without a valid hunting license.

Or just get a CPL and wear a shoulder rig under your sweats. DNR is a funny animal they can get a burr under their saddle and hit people for violation that no one except them knows are on the books...
    Just a while back the DNR tired to ticket a guy for leaning his gun against his car while he tended his dogs....
    So when you do a run don't wear any hunting garb, OC is within your rights on state land, but be prepared for a legal fight if you bump into the wrong guy.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.