Drinking/CCW - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drinking/CCW

Quote Originally Posted by Atty Stu View Post
    I haven't done the legal research
    Neither has the OP he'd rather bet his freedom on a bunch of internet lawyers.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I havn't drank outside my home since I got my permit. Too risky.

Many years ago, I used to get so drunk, it wasn't funny. But as I discovered later, this should not have been unexpected, as I am a child of an alcoholic. Eventually, over time, I learned that drinking didn't fix my problems. It only made them worse. I also learned that I could enjoy life without drinking alcohol, and usually have a lot more fun too.

Now, don't get me wrong, I still enjoy a drink now and then. But that's because I like certain flavors. And I no longer drink to the point of stupidity. (I can get to there all on my own, without any alcohol. ) But I do not drink outside of my own home anymore. If I go into an establishment that serves alcohol, I have soft drinks only.

But that is my choice. Be safe, be smart, don't risk your CPL.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Here's how the conversation might go:

Your lawyer: "I'd say it looks good for you. Although the thug only had a bottle of vodka under his coat. You were reasonably justified in perceiving it as a firearm, and thus the use of your weapon is fully justified."

You: "That's great to hear, I was worried that the DA would take a different view simply because I had a few drinks with diner before encountering the thug outside the restaurant."

Your lawyer: "Oh...uh..maybe I can get the DA to let you plea to manslaughter."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12