LE Encounter Genessee Sheriff
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LE Encounter Genessee Sheriff

Over a month ago I got entrapped in a Sting for Solicitation. The decoy girl asked me if I had any money. I told her that all I had was $5. Well for that amount I could touch her breasts. Stupid me trying to help her out, I got ambushed by LE (Genessee Sheriff). I gave notice that I had a CPL and had a gun locked in a box under the passengers seat. It cost me $900 to get my car back right there. They took my CPL and Ruger LCP and informed me that they would hold it until they looked to see what the State Statute would allow them to not return them to me. To date I have not been charged (may not get charged). My lawyer sent the Sheriff a letter requesting that they return my weapon and CPL two weeks ago. Have not heard back from them yet.

I legally can't carry my other weapon without my CPL. Nor can I purchase a replacement gun. I went to my county (Oakland) to see if I can get a replacement CPL and they informed me that the only way is to file a lost or stolen report with LE. They would replace it for $10.

So the question is - Do I file a stolen CPL, stating that Genessee Sherrif stole my CPL and refuse to return it? Any suggestions? My lawyer states that we shouldn't push too hard, which may force the Genessee County Prosecuter to file charges on the Solicitation. Honestly, that may the the best, so I can let them know how I got into this mess in the first place. Oh, by the way, my lawyer is on retainer. Charging me $750 to date and saying it may cost me up to $2,500. All with a guy that really had $5 in his pocket.

I would put the lawyer on "hold" and wait a while to see if the Sheriff gives up your weapon.

If it was me I would file a lost stolen complaint, bassed on the information I have she asked if you had change and not to touch her. I do not have a law degree and am just saying I how I would handle it if I was put in the situation

Do not file a lost or stolen report - your permit was not lost or stolen. it might have been improperly confiscated but it was not lost or stolen. Filing such a report will just dig a deeper hole.

The correct answer is to hire an attorney to seek return of your permit and weapon, but as your existing attorney said, such an action might have a negative consequence on the pending criminal case.

Next time you what to help out a lady offering such a thing say "I'll give you $5 if you'l you drop to your knees and ask forgiveness from Jesus right now."

Do they have any of this on audio or video?

There has to be more to this story that your not including, like why were you in the area in the first place? Most people from Flint, Michigan know where the Streetwalkers work, and that is where the Police set up sting operations such as the one you were caught in. I feel you may have brought your own dilema upon yourself. A very expensive leason, please learn from it.
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    There has to be more to this story that your not including, like why were you in the area in the first place? Most people from Flint, Michigan know where the Streetwalkers work, and that is where the Police set up sting operations such as the one you were caught in. I feel you may have brought your own dilema upon yourself. A very expensive leason, please learn from it.
    I'd like to know what earth-shattering problem the cops were trying to solve by arresting a guy for copping a consentual feel on an under cover cop?!? What's next, arrest a guy for touching his wifes breasts in public?!?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I'd like to know what earth-shattering problem the cops were trying to solve by arresting a guy for copping a consentual feel on an under cover cop?!? What's next, arrest a guy for touching his wifes breasts in public?!?
    It's called entrapment, in the case of soliciting sexual favors, the "John" always loses. Oh! and by the way! G50AE... Most Men don't fondle their spouses in public!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

So since LE is still holding my illegally conficasted CPL and Ruger LCP and my lawyer sent them a letter asking for it back; how do I legally carry my other weapon without the CPL? How would I go about replacing my CPL? The County says I need to file a lost or stolen report. Since I haven't been charged what can I do? This simple offer of $5 already cost me $900 for the car and $750 for the lawyer (more if he goes to court for me). I just want to legally carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    I grew up in flint. interesting to hear that they are doing some kinds of stings. I couldn't wait to leave that place.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast