open carry while loaded

Thread: open carry while loaded

open carry while loaded

Hello, Im new here and just wanted to say HI and ask a question. What are the laws on loaded or unloaded OPEN carry? I have read alot about the right to open carry in the state of MI, but I cant seem to find where it says if the pistol has to be unloaded or not. Thanks

I don't know the MI law, but having an unloaded gun would be useless to me, unless a bad guy would wait for u to load up before he attacked or robbed..
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

Michigan Open carry

HI:
    You can go to the link below and read about open Carry in Michigan. I'm a member of Michigan Open Carry. You can have the gun loaded when you open carry in Michigan. Be careful when getting into your car. The gun must be unloaded and in a case. The magazines must be unloaded and the ammo in a box. The ammo and gun must be separated. You can load back up when you get out of your vehicle. You must have a CPL to have a loaded gun in your vehicle. Join us at some of the open carry rallies and picnics that we have around Michigan. Check the calendar at the open carry web site for times and places.

Michigan Open Carry, Inc. | Nothing to hide!
    Rich
    Beware of your surroundings

Quote Originally Posted by MufDady View Post
    I don't know the MI law, but having an unloaded gun would be useless to me, unless a bad guy would wait for u to load up before he attacked or robbed..
    MufDady, not useless...it makes a good club!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa thats funny...................
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

7. Quote Originally Posted by rlkraatz View Post
    HI:
    You can go to the link below and read about open Carry in Michigan. I'm a member of Michigan Open Carry. You can have the gun loaded when you open carry in Michigan. Be careful when getting into your car. The gun must be unloaded and in a case. The magazines must be unloaded and the ammo in a box. The ammo and gun must be separated. You can load back up when you get out of your vehicle. You must have a CPL to have a loaded gun in your vehicle. Join us at some of the open carry rallies and picnics that we have around Michigan. Check the calendar at the open carry web site for times and places.

Michigan Open Carry, Inc. | Nothing to hide!
    Actually the magazines don't have to be unloaded, just not in the gun.
    Ammo and gun do not have to be seperated, the ammo may be transported in the same case as the unloaded gun.

8. True, as long as the magazine is not in the gun it can be loaded and stored right next to it, in a case, in the trunk.