Legal updates.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legal updates....

As I said earlier the Michigan Attorney General rendered an opinion, any AG opinion is considered as having the weight as law unless specific laws can be sighted and submitted to the AG with an request for further rulings....

Yeah we got burned by that one a long time ago when a previous anti MI AG gave the opinion that black powder firearms should be registered despite the fact that MI law specifically stated they did not.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    As I said earlier the Michigan Attorney General rendered an opinion, any AG opinion is considered as having the weight as law unless specific laws can be sighted and submitted to the AG with an request for further rulings....

Yeah we got burned by that one a long time ago when a previous anti MI AG gave the opinion that black powder firearms should be registered despite the fact that MI law specifically stated they did not.....
    Fortunately, that last part has been fixed by law. Thank the Gods and Goddesses.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Fortunately, that last part has been fixed by law. Thank the Gods and Goddesses.
    When I think of all the money, time and effort that went into that.. I'm still trying to figure out why they simply did not ask for an new opinion from Mike....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    When I think of all the money, time and effort that went into that.. I'm still trying to figure out why they simply did not ask for an new opinion from Mike....
    Because opinions can be reversed a lot easier than laws. If Mike Cox had given an opinion that reversed Granholm's, it would simply have been a matter of time before some other AG, down the line reversed Cox's opinion.

Opinions are like underwear, the get changed all the time. Some when they need to, and others when they don't. Then again, others need it really bad, but are still there, stinking up everything.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Opinions are like underwear, the get changed all the time. Some when they need to, and others when they don't. Then again, others need it really bad, but are still there, stinking up everything.
    LOL, I never would have thought about it that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12