Is it legal to carry a backup gun (bug) with a Michigan Concealed Pistol License?

Thread: Is it legal to carry a backup gun (bug) with a Michigan Concealed Pistol License?

Question Is it legal to carry a backup gun (bug) with a Michigan Concealed Pistol License?

I'm sure this has been discussed before. but as a MI. resident, my permit says Concealed Pistol License. PISTOL not PISTOLS. Is it legal to carry a BUG? Is there a specific statute to confirm this?

MCL 8.3b:

Every word importing the singular number only may extend to and embrace the plural number, and every word importing the plural number may be applied and limited to the singular number.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Attorney, The Law Offices of James M. Mullins, Jr., PLLC
    Founder and Past President, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.

Short answer.... Yes.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

5. I recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Short answer.... Yes.
    Unequivocally true in Michigan and here in Colorado, and likely true in most states that recognize the Michigan permit.

But the question didn't specify the location or if the BUG is to be concealed. The Michigan permit is recognized in New Mexico, but one must play by local rules which authorize only 1 concealed firearm. So if the implication was "can I carry a concealed primary and concealed BUG?", the answer would be "no" in New Mexico. You could carry a primary and BUG there, but one of them must be openly carried.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Unequivocally true in Michigan and here in Colorado, and likely true in most states that recognize the Michigan permit.

But the question didn't specify the location or if the BUG is to be concealed. The Michigan permit is recognized in New Mexico, but one must play by local rules which authorize only 1 concealed firearm. So if the implication was "can I carry a concealed primary and concealed BUG?", the answer would be "no" in New Mexico. You could carry a primary and BUG there, but one of them must be openly carried.
    True but he is posting in the Michigan section...... so short answer... still yes.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

You can carry more than one gun. Kinda like the others said, there is no specific number of guns stated on the Permit, why limit it to one without saying? Its all in the language I guess. Good luck.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.