Mcca - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Mcca

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Battle Creek Mi
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Yeah, I was.
    Horrors what would the Democrats do for a living then???
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Atty Stu
    Kind of suspicious about mouthpieces lurking around these kind of forums. especially when they let you know by their intro!
    WHEN YOU TAKE IT FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Atty Stu View Post
    If that guy did not have insurance, my only recourse would be this fund.
    I'm not from Michigan, but I do have a comment about this section of the law and this section of this comment.(as interpreted through the comments here)
    ==

    I understand what you're saying about the compensation for loss of limb.
    However, the point still remains that the people who are up-to-date in paying their insurance are paying into this fund. The people NOT paying into the fund are exactly the same people that are let off the hook by this fund paid for by the rest of the people.

    It's a double-whammy for the people who buy insurance. They're on the hook for themselves, and for anyone who didn't buy insurance.

  5. Two different responses in one post:

    1. As to the uninsured motorist fund, I've always been fully insured. My understanding is that if I am in an accident with an uninsured motorist, I have to turn to the fund for reimbursement of non-medical expenses related to the loss of limb, e.g. that most policies will not pick up these expenses because the law presumes you sue the other side. Therefore, I am the one being punished because this yokol is driving around without insurance. I think this is stupid because I have much more than minimum coverage because someone who hits me is not going settle for policy limits with my job and Michigan's low mandatory policy limits. If I hit someone who bought his certificate from the "thegeneral.com" I'm stuck with those ridiculously low limits unless the guy happens to have enough assets to make it worth going after him personally. In state where most people are upside down on their mortgages, with high unemployment, and where retirement funds are protected from attachment, I'm probably hosed.

    2. As to me being criticized for admitting that I am an attorney, I lose both ways. If I don't disclose it, you can say that it is unethical lurking. It may give me a little "cred" on certain issues, but I'm not here chasing cases. I joined the forum to try and answer a post where I knew the answer and where there was some flat out wrong information. Ironically, even though I posted my answer three times, the mod never left it through. I gave up and sent the poster a private post.

    I know how much lawyers are loved. People have a love/hate relationship with us. My brother is a doctor so believe me I've heard every lawyer joke out there. I also flat out acknowledged that I wasn't a member of the GOP in a forum where this probably wasn't going to get me any favors. In sum, I ain't chasing cases or ambulances on this forum. I'm simply saying I know a little law.

    Stu

  6. Can't speak to the whole lost post thing, but having members on a forum contribute to the best of their ability and knowledge is something I we all can appreciate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Atty Stu View Post
    ...Therefore, I am the one being punished because this yokol is driving around without insurance.
    I'm not a fan of this idea that someone is being punished because they're not being rewarded/compensated.
    The people being punished are the people forced into paying into the fund to cover actions that they aren't responsible for.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Creswell, Oregon
    Posts
    3,865
    I have an idea. Why don't we start punishing the law breakers instead of the people that following the law. Seems like we are constantly making excuses for the law breakers and expecting the people that follow the law pay for it. Just my opinion.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Battle Creek Mi
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    I have an idea. Why don't we start punishing the law breakers instead of the people that following the law. Seems like we are constantly making excuses for the law breakers and expecting the people that follow the law pay for it. Just my opinion.
    And that is the logic that every liberal refuses to acknowledge, be it gun law or as in this incidence other area.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    51
    Maybe I'm a complete dumbas%^ ,but why do people always blame the Democrats when something they don't like pops up ? I seem to remember the state that Engler (republican)left Michigan in,then people blamed Granholm for it.Merlin couldn't of helped out. We're still recovering from him.Meanwhile he's getting paid millions for being a lobbyist,figuring ouy how to screw the little people and gettin g the Democrats blamed for it......I'm sorry for straying off the subject but other people brought up the subject several times.
    "A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."
    "Never fight an old man, if he can't fight you he'll just shoot you"

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    How about just doing away with compulsary inssurance coverage laws? Let the people decide what level of coverage, if any, they require. This would drive down the cost of insurance.
    True, but when you get blasted in a wreck by an uninsured motorist that is broke, who's going to pay for your new car?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty Stu View Post
    Two different responses in one post:

    1. As to the uninsured motorist fund, I've always been fully insured. My understanding is that if I am in an accident with an uninsured motorist, I have to turn to the fund for reimbursement of non-medical expenses related to the loss of limb, e.g. that most policies will not pick up these expenses because the law presumes you sue the other side. Therefore, I am the one being punished because this yokol is driving around without insurance. I think this is stupid because I have much more than minimum coverage because someone who hits me is not going settle for policy limits with my job and Michigan's low mandatory policy limits. If I hit someone who bought his certificate from the "thegeneral.com" I'm stuck with those ridiculously low limits unless the guy happens to have enough assets to make it worth going after him personally. In state where most people are upside down on their mortgages, with high unemployment, and where retirement funds are protected from attachment, I'm probably hosed.

    2. As to me being criticized for admitting that I am an attorney, I lose both ways. If I don't disclose it, you can say that it is unethical lurking. It may give me a little "cred" on certain issues, but I'm not here chasing cases. I joined the forum to try and answer a post where I knew the answer and where there was some flat out wrong information. Ironically, even though I posted my answer three times, the mod never left it through. I gave up and sent the poster a private post.

    I know how much lawyers are loved. People have a love/hate relationship with us. My brother is a doctor so believe me I've heard every lawyer joke out there. I also flat out acknowledged that I wasn't a member of the GOP in a forum where this probably wasn't going to get me any favors. In sum, I ain't chasing cases or ambulances on this forum. I'm simply saying I know a little law.

    Stu
    That's OK Stu, some of us are libertarian and some are straight up Constitutionalists. You don't have to be a member of the GOP. I even heard there are a few Democrats lurking in these here forums.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast