Mcca
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mcca

Exclamation Mcca

This is a little know Michigan added tax that everyone who owns a vehicle pays... Whats it for?

It is a law that gives criminals money... called `the MCCA assessment recoupment. A Michigan law to cover uninsured motorist in an accident.

If you look on your vehicle policy you already pay for this and they are already covered for $100,000.00 and every insured motorist pays for this.
    Michigan then hits us up a second time, (can you say double jeopardy) to again cover something that is against the law, in short if your vehicle is not insured you are in violation and are not to drive it.
    On my motorcycle policy this amounts to rough number here but 104% (not a typo that is one hundred and four percent) of the actual policy cost added to the total I must pay!!!

All this to protect someone that is openly violating the law!!! Do away with the MCCA and let the violators deal with their lack of respect for the law them self, it's called personal responsibility!!!!

Now pass this one to every insured driver you know in Michigan and tell them to contact their Sate Senator and Representive... That is unless you are OK with giving away extra money to the state for criminals!

JIC you do not know who that is here are the links to find them!!

Michigan State Senate: Find Your Senator

Michigan House of Representatives
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Aren't you being a little selfish here. After all criminals only excist because society made them that way. You should be delighted to pay for this. Apparently most voters are ok with this because they keep re-electing the idots that make this possible.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

How about just doing away with compulsary inssurance coverage laws? Let the people decide what level of coverage, if any, they require. This would drive down the cost of insurance.

G50AE, are you try to suggest that we make some decisions for our selves. That is unAmerican and antigovernment. We can't have that. Isn't government the answer? Now I'm confused.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

6. Your summary of the law is a bit off. No fault is a misnomer. You don't sue the other side for medical bills, but you still have to sue the other side for pain and suffering. For example, if I had an injury in automobile accident which required the amputation of my leg, my carrier would pay for the cost of the amputation. It would also cover the prosthesis, but it would not compensate me for the loss of my leg. I have to turn to the other side for that. If that guy did not have insurance, my only recourse would be this fund.

I'm new to this forum and I don't know how far it is permissible to stray. I would only add that not everyone who owns a gun is necessarily a member of the GOP. I find myself asking what does this have to do with guns?

I find myself asking what does this have to do with guns?
    Nothing it is just another intrusion by a State government into our lives, kind of like our suppressor law, we can't have, own, posses, or it is huge fine time, but the State decides what is good for us, shoves in down our throats, and now the new Republican Governor is acting like a democrat... AKA let's tax our way to prosperity on the backs of the worker, and now retiree pensions.... Life lesson here guys, give them an inch and they will take a football field....

Just a heads up, forum heading is "Michigan Discussion and Firearm News" doesn't say it has to be both.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Bliss is only one law or regulation away.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

9. As I said, I don't have me "sea legs" on this forum yet.

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    G50AE, are you try to suggest that we make some decisions for our selves(?)
    Yeah, I was.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast