Renewing my CPL do I need a 3 hour class?

Thread: Renewing my CPL do I need a 3 hour class?

1. Question Renewing my CPL do I need a 3 hour class?

I have to renew my CPL before the end of January. Is there a class I need to take before renewing. I just read this...

(7) The educational requirements under section 5b(7)(c) for an applicant who is applying for a renewal of a license under this act are waived except that the applicant shall certify that he or she has completed at least 3 hours’ review of the training described under section 5b(7)(c) and has had at least 1 hour of firing range time in the 6 months immediately preceding the
    subsequent application.

The range time is no big deal. But what about the 3 hours review of the training? Thanks for the help here.

Michigan CPL renewal

Quote Originally Posted by BobmG8 View Post
    I have to renew my CPL before the end of January. Is there a class I need to take before renewing. I just read this...

(7) The educational requirements under section 5b(7)(c) for an applicant who is applying for a renewal of a license under this act are waived except that the applicant shall certify that he or she has completed at least 3 hours’ review of the training described under section 5b(7)(c) and has had at least 1 hour of firing range time in the 6 months immediately preceding the
    subsequent application.

The range time is no big deal. But what about the 3 hours review of the training? Thanks for the help here.
    My friend renewed earlier this year. He said all he had to do was sign something that said he had reviewed the information pertaining to CPL laws and done some shooting. He said it was MUCH more laid back than he expected.

We are in Washtenaw County, btw.

Hope this helps.

4. Quote Originally Posted by eaccents View Post
    My friend renewed earlier this year. He said all he had to do was sign something that said he had reviewed the information pertaining to CPL laws and done some shooting. He said it was MUCH more laid back than he expected.

We are in Washtenaw County, btw.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the information, I'm in Oakland County.

I'm also in Oakland County, this is true, just sign a paper saying you have had 3 hrs review & range time. That's all that's required. Good luck.
    "A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."- Larry Elder