Open carry legal in Michigan - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry legal in Michigan

Thumbs up One more souce of proof....

So who's seen this? MSP Legal Update Take note of the upper right hand column "Open carry of firearms"

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    So who's seen this? MSP Legal Update Take note of the upper right hand column "Open carry of firearms"
    A lot of people! It's been discussed on many Michigan gun forums.
    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research on the subject of open carry in Michigan. If you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

“The charge of every citizen of a free state is to be ever vigilante of the government’s role as their servant and not allow it to become their master.” Brian Jeffs, 2008

Been discussed yes but not the MSP PDF and I haunt several Mi only forums.

Been discussed yes but not the MSP PDF and I haunt several Mi only forums.
    See this link, Michigan State Police Legal Update 16 June 08: OC is legal! - Michigan - Stories From The States - OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum Was posted July 4th. That's just one. You don't seem to post much on opencarry.org anymore.
    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research on the subject of open carry in Michigan. If you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

“The charge of every citizen of a free state is to be ever vigilante of the government’s role as their servant and not allow it to become their master.” Brian Jeffs, 2008

Guilty as charged, those boys have way too much testosterone and too little of a sense of humor, but they do get good discussions going on occasion. Ah the luxury of youth.

Oh N more more thing CCW is a swear word on their forum.
    Last edited by Sheldon; 07-18-2008 at 01:03 PM.

Guilty as charged, those boys have way too much testosterone and too little of a sense of humor, but they do get good discussions going on occasion. Ah the luxry of youth.
    But Generally we have accurate information on open carry and don't put up with nonsense. As for the sense of humor some think I'm a laugh riot. And after the age of 50 my testosterone is shrinking along with other things, sad to say.

It has been pointed out to me that the link I posted although is open for all to view you must be a LEO to receive the updates.

It has been pointed out to me that the link I posted although is open for all to view you must be a LEO to receive the updates.
    I receive them and I'm not an LEO. Most likely they put that up there to deter people, much Like no gun signs on public property. Al I can say is give it a try if you want receive them via emails. Otherwise they are available on the MSP website.

10. Quote Originally Posted by venator View Post
    Here is the info we handout to those that want to learn more about open carry in Michigan. A CPL holder can both carry concealed or openly. Check out the infomation below.

YOU CAN OPENLY CARRY A HANDGUN IN MICHIGAN*

1) Any law abiding citizen of the State of Michigan who owns a safety inspected handgun may openly carry (in a holster) said firearm in all places not explicitly exempt by law with or without a CPL. Private property rules over-ride state law in regards to firearm possession.
    What about on public property?

Quote Originally Posted by BradAnderson View Post
    What about on public property?
    Yes you can OC on public property. There is a 1990 preemption law that states local units of government can not enact gun control laws more strict than the state.

Go to Michigan Open Carry, Inc. and click on the forum section for more info.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast