Hillsdale Co. Court allows concealed carry

Thread: Hillsdale Co. Court allows concealed carry

Hillsdale Co. Court allows concealed carry

Hillsdale County Courthouse to allow Concealed Carry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since this deals with courtrooms I thought I's put it on here. It's a start, be interesting to see what happens.

http://www.hillsdale.net/local_news/...-in-courthouse

By Thomas Marcetti, Staff Writer
    Hillsdale Daily News
    Posted Jun 18, 2008 @ 03:31 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hillsdale, Mich. — The Hillsdale County Courthouse is not undergoing major renovations but some recent changes may catch your eye next time you visit.

More specifically, you might notice the lack of signs prohibiting firearms in the courthouse.

Circuit Court Judge Michael Smith said the decision was made about a month ago.
    “Nothing happened,” he said. “I consulted with Judge (Michael) Nye and he had no problem with it.”

Smith said courthouses are not exempt under the concealed weapon statute and therefore there is no way to lawfully prohibit people with the proper license to carry a concealed weapon.

“When you think about it, it’s contrary to state law,” he said. “I know the Supreme Court passed an exemption to keep them out of courthouses, but that goes against state law and last time I checked the courts aren’t the ones who can make laws.”

Smith said there has never been a problem before and he does not foresee one in the future.
    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research on the subject of open carry in Michigan. If you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

“The charge of every citizen of a free state is to be ever vigilante of the government’s role as their servant and not allow it to become their master.” Brian Jeffs, 2008

that's pretty cool.. so there are actually a few people in michigan in those places with at least half a brain. good news.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Man is that refreshing! Those judges have got to be in the minority since it would seem most seem to hold themselves and their postion above the law. Thanks for posting!

I may just have to forward it to my local court!
    Conflict is inevitable, combat is a choice!

Good to here. Wish more courts would follow their lead.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Unfortunately this is an opinion of a pro-gun attorney on this subject:

"That won't last long. The Supreme Court Administrative Office will come down on Judge Smith like an avenging diety, and will reiterate their insistence that he comply with and enforce the Administrative Order.

Evil things have been happening to judges who try to buck the SCAO."
    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research on the subject of open carry in Michigan. If you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

“The charge of every citizen of a free state is to be ever vigilante of the government’s role as their servant and not allow it to become their master.” Brian Jeffs, 2008

Good deal, I can't wait for the rest of the judges to find out that they are not above the law.

Good news, hopefully it won't get turned down by the Supreme Court.
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)