BACK STABBING LIAR Michigan state senator Debbie (Back)Stabenow - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BACK STABBING LIAR Michigan state senator Debbie (Back)Stabenow

If you think the letter from StabYouInTheBack is bad, just wait until the Lying Levin autoreply.

3. I received from him as we'll, but it's not contradictive, he didn't say one thing then do another, everyone knew which way he was going, especially now since he will not seek re-election..later today I will post te auto reply from the scammer in chief as well as something I wrote in response..

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    You cannot have one without the other. You have to keep firearms out of the hands of the mentally ill. They cannot be afforded the right to have a firearm when they are unable to often times distinguish right from wrong or reality from fantasy. This aspect of background checks or what ever you would like to deem it has to be mandated.
    If you have ever known anyone who suffered from mental illness, and yes I have, then you would understand.
    Years after joining the United States Army and losing the girl I joined the Army to have a life with to mental illness, she shows up at my home. When she came in I knew she had mental illness, but My Lord, I was looking at the saddest thing I may have ever seen. She tried to convince me to loan her my rifle so she could go hunting. Obviously I would never do that. I contacted her mother and drove her to her sisters house several miles away (As the mother lived 60 miles away). A couple of years later she showed back up and wanted to move in. My current girl friend wouldn't have that, so, again I called her mother (By the way, at this time we were in our mid 20's) This time I drove her to her mothers that 60 miles away. She left her mothers and went to a gas station, paid for $5.00 in gas, pumped the gas over her body, walked to the yard next to the gas station and lit the gasoline. They buried her on Christmas eve.

If you have ever looked in the eyes of someone with mental illness you know they should never have access to a firearm.

May God Bless Her family, that was almost 27 years ago.
    A very tragic story indeed. And now I'll be blunt with my comments but please understand I am not directing them at you, or anyone else, personally....

Universal background checks would NOT have stopped the lady from buying gas and a lighter. And before anyone says that she could have done more damage with a gun... she could have set the gas station on fire and taken a goodly portion of the town with her too. The thing is... no law in the world will ever stop a determined criminal or a deluded nut from doing violence... or even stop them from getting a gun.

How many gun control laws do we have now? Did any of those laws stop any of the horrific shootings in places where the law said no one was "allowed" to have a gun? Did any of those shooters pay any attention to the fact that the law said they weren't "allowed" to have a gun there? And we already have laws that say nuts aren't "allowed" to have guns. Will one, two, three, three thousand, three hundred thousand, more laws suddenly cause criminals and nuts to behave? Will they? Please note the following...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein at BrainyQuote

I would suggest that those who think adding more laws to a multitude of laws that already don't work will suddenly work and solve the problem are deeply imbedded in denial of the reality that no matter how many laws there are...... laws don't stop criminals or nuts. And I would suggest that folks who think laws will affect criminals or nuts do not understand that the true purpose of gun control laws is to keep guns out of the hands of the law abiding because laws only work on those who obey them.

All too often folks know someone with issues yet they expect someone else to handle it because they do not want to get involved. They expect family to take care of it or they expect the government to "do something" to take care of it. Yet there are many of us who could help the person who needs help if we were to get personally involved instead of waiting for family or the government to "handle it".

Quite frankly... if folks want to address the issue of mental health then let's do that. Let's take personal responsibility to do it when we are faced with it instead of just wanting to "not get that involved" and let the government handle it.

All laws do is provide an "out" for folks who don't want to get involved. They don't even have to feel guilty for not helping a person because... hey... there is a law that takes care of that.

Here is a thought..... how about we focus on the person who needs help... not try to avoid responsibility by passing paper laws that have absolutely no effect on anyone determined to do harm or so deluded they don't understand the harm they do. Address the health care system to provide help for those suffering from mental health issues... and leave the guns out of it because the problem isn't the guns.. the problem is a fellow human being is mentally ill and needs our help.

5. I'm sure a lot of you have probably received the same email if ya filled out info to send emails to the politicians..but first you'll see Obama's email followed by my response

Dear Ronald:
    Thank you for taking the time to write. I have heard from many Americans regarding firearms policy and gun violence in our Nation, and I appreciate your perspective. From Aurora to Newtown to the streets of Chicago, we have seen the devastating effects gun violence has on our American family. I join countless others in grieving for all those whose lives have been taken too soon by gun violence.
    Like the majority of Americans, I believe the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms. In this country, we have a strong tradition of gun ownership that has been handed down from generation to generation. Hunting and sport shooting are part of our national heritage. Yet, even as we acknowledge that almost all gun owners in America are responsible, when we look at the devastation caused by gun violence—whether in high-profile tragedies or the daily heartbreak that plagues our cities—we must ask ourselves whether we are doing enough.
    While reducing gun violence is a complicated challenge, protecting our children from harm should not be a divisive one. Most gun owners agree that we can respect the Second Amendment while keeping an irresponsible, law-breaking few from inflicting harm on a massive scale. Most also agree that if we took commonsense steps to curtail gun violence, there would be fewer atrocities like the one that occurred in Newtown. We will not be able to stop every violent act, but if there is even one thing we can do to reduce gun violence—if even one life can be saved—then we have an obligation to try.
    That is why I asked Vice President Joe Biden to identify concrete steps we can take to keep our children safe, help prevent mass shootings, and reduce the broader epidemic of gun violence in this country. He met with over 200 groups representing a broad cross-section of Americans and heard their best ideas. I have put forward a specific set of proposals based off of his efforts, and in the days ahead, I intend to use whatever weight this office holds to make them a reality.
    My plan gives law enforcement, schools, mental health professionals, and the public health community some of the tools they need to help reduce gun violence. These tools include strengthening the background check system, helping schools hire more resource officers and counselors and develop emergency preparedness plans, and ensuring mental health professionals know their options for reporting threats of violence. And I directed the Centers for Disease Control to study the best ways to reduce gun violence—because it is critical that we understand the science behind this public health crisis.
    As important as these steps are, they are not a substitute for action from Congress. To make a real and lasting difference, members of Congress must also act. As part of my comprehensive plan, I have called on them to pass some specific proposals right away. First, it is time to require a universal background check for anyone trying to buy a gun. Second, Congress should renew the 10-round limit on magazines and reinstate and strengthen the assault weapons ban. We should get tougher on those who buy guns with the purpose of selling them to criminals, and we should impose serious punishments on anyone who helps them do this.
    These are reasonable, commonsense measures that have the support of the majority of the American people. But change will not come unless the American people demand it from their lawmakers. Now is the time to do the right thing for our children, our communities, and the country we love. We owe the victims of heartbreaking national tragedies and the countless unheralded tragedies each year nothing less than our best effort—to seek consensus in order to save lives and ensure a brighter future for our children.
    Thank you, again, for writing. I encourage you to visit Now is the time | The White House to learn more about my Administration’s approach.
    Sincerely,
    Barack Obama

Let me begin with your statement " I believe the second amendment guarantees an individual the right to bear arms" the problem with this is you are stopping a little short, combining a truth with a half truth. Of course the majority of Americans believe in the right to bear arms, yet equally, those same americans also believe that that right shall not be infringed!! So it would've been nice to here you state in completion, your omission of not being infringed tells me you do not believe that part of the second amendment. Yes we Americans do have a strong tradition of handing guns down from generation to generation. In which, your new proposals would make illegal!!
    Yes of course reducing gun violence is complicated and we are obligated to try. But let's begin by trying to enforce the thousands of gun laws that are not enforced now, lets begin there. The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over, expecting different results. We know firearm bans didn't work in the past. And as for the government trying to force gun registration, well frankly it's not the government's business what guns law abiding citizens own, and there is a reason for that. Therefore supplying schools with armed security, (the same luxury granted to your children everyday) or armed, trained staff members could possibly make a difference, if even one life can be saved--Again we are obligated to try. Right? Nothing you are proposing will make a bit of difference, BAD GUYS don't follow the law..
    Now, Joe Biden, (who apparently has not a clue on firearm laws or safety, suggests on live television to, a) discharge a firearm into the air and, b) fire a gun through a door. What a quick way to turn a law abiding citizen into a felon, and contribute to the very thing YOU are trying to prevent.) Myself and most Americans would like to see a list of the 200 plus groups that represent such a broad cross-section of Americans that Joe Biden met with if indeed he actually met with that many, and were any of them conservative, pro gun, or believe whole heartedly in the entire 2nd amendment?
    Your plans are doing nothing but making it tougher for law abiding citizens to protect themselves, their family, their neighbors, or anyone else who crosses paths with a crazed gunman or bad guy. There are many ways WE could make a lasting difference, besides infringing on our rights. Don't try passing the buck onto congress, luckily the majority of them believe in the entire 2nd amendment. You say you have called on them to pass some specifics proposals right away, as though they are your constituents. Telling people how many rounds they can have and what types of guns they can have is nothing short of infringement (limiting or changing). These guns you keep referring to as assault weapons are not classified as such, though you keep calling them assault weapons as to put fear into people. One trigger squeeze, one bullet fired is not considered an assault weapon, on the other hand, one trigger squeeze, and many bullets would constitute an assault weapon, which I believe a person can own if licensed. There is not one item about an AR-15 that makes it any more dangerous than its counterpart with out a pistol grip.

6. And what does it have to do with target shooting and hunting. Our founders gave our second amendment for one reason.

7. I take your point about Senator Stabenaw generally, but I just wanted to point out the obvious fact that in this day of media overload, poorly fitting form letters are unfortunately the norm (rather than the exception). I've received letters back from elected officials on all sides of the political spectrum who obviously couldn't be bothered to read the first paragraph of my letter before merging out a form response. For example, I live in Livonia but used to have an office in Ann Arbor. I wrote Thadeas McCotter on my office letter head beginning with the first sentence: "Even though my office is in Ann Arbor, I am a Livonia resident..." I received a letter back saying "since you are an Ann Arbor resident, you do not reside in my district and am forwarding the letter to Representative Dingell." Duh.

To his credit, Rep. Dingell's staff contacted me, said that McCotter was obviously illiterate but they would take care of the matter. Since McCotter's team couldn't even competently forge the signatures on his renomination petition, they may have had a point on the literacy issue.

ricbak

As a native Michigander I support any candidate to replace Levin and Stabenow. I'd just prefer them to be Conservative in values who promote liberty and remind Michigan what it means to loose it. If there is no one coming out to accept the challenge and unseat them, then it is up to you.

Unfortuneately, this is nothing new with Stabenow. She's your typical liberal democrat who thinks the government should take care of you from cradle to grave. Levin's seat is up in 2014. Let's get rid of him, then get rid of her in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird48060 View Post
    This is an email I received from Debbie Stabenow in response to email dispersed thru NRA in regards to not supporting Obama's gun control policies. Keep in mind she has recently been listed with the other senators that voted to support the United Nations small arms treaty...this is the best way I could think of to get the word out to make sure she does not win re-election come midterms. We must make it known to these people that their JOB is to support the people in which they represent from the great state of Michigan..not support certain people's agendas..please share this with all your friends and family..

Thank you for contacting me about the tragic and senseless violence in Newtown, Connecticut. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and concerns with me.

If there is anything that deeply unites Americans across the country it is our love for our children and grandchildren and our desire to keep them safe. In the wake of the heartbreaking tragedy at Sandy Hook elementary, all of us must come together to determine what steps can be taken to protect our children. That means discussing how we can strengthen our gun laws to help stop attacks like this from happening again, while protecting responsible gun ownership and preserving our hunting heritage. It also means strengthening mental health services, and focusing on the broader culture of violence in the media and our society. These solutions may not be easy, but one thing should be clear – complacency and inaction until the next attack must not be an option.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you and your family.
    Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow
    United States Senator
    U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow
    The United States Senate • Washington, DC 20510
    Looks almost exactly like one I received from her. Only mine had a sentence in it that said, "I'm a firm believer in our Second Amendment Rights." Yeah, right. Fortunately, Carl Levin is FINALLY retiring and Terri Land seems to be doing great in the polls. With a little luck we can have a Republican Senator for a change!
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Start a recall petition.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast