BACK STABBING LIAR Michigan state senator Debbie (Back)Stabenow
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BACK STABBING LIAR Michigan state senator Debbie (Back)Stabenow

1. BACK STABBING LIAR Michigan state senator Debbie (Back)Stabenow

This is an email I received from Debbie Stabenow in response to email dispersed thru NRA in regards to not supporting Obama's gun control policies. Keep in mind she has recently been listed with the other senators that voted to support the United Nations small arms treaty...this is the best way I could think of to get the word out to make sure she does not win re-election come midterms. We must make it known to these people that their JOB is to support the people in which they represent from the great state of Michigan..not support certain people's agendas..please share this with all your friends and family..

Thank you for contacting me about the tragic and senseless violence in Newtown, Connecticut. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and concerns with me.

If there is anything that deeply unites Americans across the country it is our love for our children and grandchildren and our desire to keep them safe. In the wake of the heartbreaking tragedy at Sandy Hook elementary, all of us must come together to determine what steps can be taken to protect our children. That means discussing how we can strengthen our gun laws to help stop attacks like this from happening again, while protecting responsible gun ownership and preserving our hunting heritage. It also means strengthening mental health services, and focusing on the broader culture of violence in the media and our society. These solutions may not be easy, but one thing should be clear – complacency and inaction until the next attack must not be an option.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you and your family.
    Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow
    United States Senator
    U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow
    The United States Senate • Washington, DC 20510

Senators Stab me now & Levin

First ... Lets not lose sight the Ms Stabmenow is & has been a poor senator & has done a poor job for Michigan. Ms Stabmenow won re-election in the Last election cycle ... thus we are stuck with her for 5 more years ... BUT....... With Senator Levin retiring, His seat is up for grabs in the 2014 election year. We have a large job ahead of us to elect a quality conservative to fill the seat held by Mr Levin.
    Semper Fi

Anti gun people keep talking about complacency and inaction...yet that is exactly what they want. They want everyone to become complacent to the dangers of living in this world, and to not take action to defend themselves. Gun free zones are literally telling people to do nothing to defend themselves. When I have kids, taking action means defending them, not disarming them which is the exact opposite of taking action.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

5. How can we get this thread to post on Facebook?

One of the greatest problems we are facing was at least, and I do mean At Least Addressed here. Mental Illness. Lets face it, that's the key.
    If you have known anyone who has suffered from mental illness you understand the stigma that is associated with it. There is family shame where none should be had. Denial, Fear, Sorrow, all for the loved one who is Suffering from it.
    If mental illness did not carry such a "scarlet Letter" shall we say, then politicians and families alike would be more apt to address this issue.
    Unfortunately as a society once someone is diagnosed and treated, if "Word Gets Out", no one socializes with the person the same way again.

The long and the short of the situation and the solution is finding a way to educate society about mental illness so that our government officials can really address the problem.
    Guns are dangerous in the hands of the mentally ill. No stigma, No finger pointing, just fact.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    One of the greatest problems we are facing was at least, and I do mean At Least Addressed here. Mental Illness. Lets face it, that's the key.
    If you have known anyone who has suffered from mental illness you understand the stigma that is associated with it. There is family shame where none should be had. Denial, Fear, Sorrow, all for the loved one who is Suffering from it.
    If mental illness did not carry such a "scarlet Letter" shall we say, then politicians and families alike would be more apt to address this issue.
    Unfortunately as a society once someone is diagnosed and treated, if "Word Gets Out", no one socializes with the person the same way again.

The long and the short of the situation and the solution is finding a way to educate society about mental illness so that our government officials can really address the problem.
    Guns are dangerous in the hands of the mentally ill. No stigma, No finger pointing, just fact.
    The power in the hands of the government to define what constitutes a disqualifying "mental illness" in regards to keeping and bearing arms is dangerous.

Because whoever controls the definition controls the guns. Just simple fact.

What is logical is to deal with those individuals who have proven themselves (innocent before being proven guilty) to be violent and then incarcerate/hospitalize/house those violent individuals regardless of the tools they used and regardless of their mental condition. Sane ones go to prison and stay there and nuts go to the hospital and stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    What is logical is to deal with those individuals who have proven themselves (innocent before being proven guilty) to be violent and then incarcerate/hospitalize/house those violent individuals regardless of the tools they used and regardless of their mental condition.
    But this goes directly against what you are saying. WHO makes this decision? I don't want the government deciding what is or is not mental illness. I want
    Independent Medical professionals making that determination. The governments responsibility is to stop being ashamed of the very term mental illness and find a way to correctly screen gun applicants for such and not be afraid of people finding out that someone has suffered a mental illness. This is where society at large comes in. Once something is outside of the "Norm" we begin to withdraw from it. This is the stigma of mental illness.
    Parents are looked at as if they must have had something genetically wrong with them to have created such a child/person. Spouses are looked at as if they either caused it, or how could they associate with someone like that.
    As evidence I submit the surviving family members of any mass killing. Surely they must have known. Why didn't they stop the individual. Are they genetically impure as well?

Diagnosis is up to those who currently diagnose. Dealing with it in a real and genuine way is the responsibility of the government. If this is not what we demand then we will continue to see these gun grabbing politicians continue their finger pointing at innocent firearms.
    My guns are innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    What is logical is to deal with those individuals who have proven themselves (innocent before being proven guilty) to be violent and then incarcerate/hospitalize/house those violent individuals regardless of the tools they used and regardless of their mental condition.
    But this goes directly against what you are saying. WHO makes this decision? I don't want the government deciding what is or is not mental illness. I want
    Independent Medical professionals making that determination. The governments responsibility is to stop being ashamed of the very term mental illness and find a way to correctly screen gun applicants for such and not be afraid of people finding out that someone has suffered a mental illness. This is where society at large comes in. Once something is outside of the "Norm" we begin to withdraw from it. This is the stigma of mental illness.
    Parents are looked at as if they must have had something genetically wrong with them to have created such a child/person. Spouses are looked at as if they either caused it, or how could they associate with someone like that.
    As evidence I submit the surviving family members of any mass killing. Surely they must have known. Why didn't they stop the individual. Are they genetically impure as well?

Diagnosis is up to those who currently diagnose. Dealing with it in a real and genuine way is the responsibility of the government. If this is not what we demand then we will continue to see these gun grabbing politicians continue their finger pointing at innocent firearms.
    My guns are innocent.
    If anyone is serious about addressing the mental health issue then the mental health issue should be what is being addressed.... not having mental health tied into the right to keep and bear arms.

Your sig line:

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

says it all... it does not say "shall not be infringed unless the government is in charge of what is considered a mental health issue".

Address mental heath? That has been needed for a long time... Having the government be in charge of tying mental health to the right to keep and bear arms is something that is never needed.

And right now folks are hollering about addressing mental health to prevent nuts from getting guns.... instead of addressing mental health so that folks who need treatment get help. Once again.... a tragedy becomes all about controlling the guns instead of addressing the real problem. And the real problem has nothing at all to do with guns but is quite simply that folks do not have access to mental health treatment because there is a lack of treatment available.

Address the issue of mental health... do not use the mental health issue as a means of addressing increasing gun control.

Glad I didnt vote for her and I will be sure I wont and Ill try and talk others out of voting for Stabmenow.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    If anyone is serious about addressing the mental health issue then the mental health issue should be what is being addressed.... not having mental health tied into the right to keep and bear arms.
    You cannot have one without the other. You have to keep firearms out of the hands of the mentally ill. They cannot be afforded the right to have a firearm when they are unable to often times distinguish right from wrong or reality from fantasy. This aspect of background checks or what ever you would like to deem it has to be mandated.
    If you have ever known anyone who suffered from mental illness, and yes I have, then you would understand.
    Years after joining the United States Army and losing the girl I joined the Army to have a life with to mental illness, she shows up at my home. When she came in I knew she had mental illness, but My Lord, I was looking at the saddest thing I may have ever seen. She tried to convince me to loan her my rifle so she could go hunting. Obviously I would never do that. I contacted her mother and drove her to her sisters house several miles away (As the mother lived 60 miles away). A couple of years later she showed back up and wanted to move in. My current girl friend wouldn't have that, so, again I called her mother (By the way, at this time we were in our mid 20's) This time I drove her to her mothers that 60 miles away. She left her mothers and went to a gas station, paid for $5.00 in gas, pumped the gas over her body, walked to the yard next to the gas station and lit the gasoline. They buried her on Christmas eve.

If you have ever looked in the eyes of someone with mental illness you know they should never have access to a firearm.

May God Bless Her family, that was almost 27 years ago.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast