Open Carry in Hastings, MI

Thread: Open Carry in Hastings, MI

Open Carry in Hastings, MI

In response to the Police Chief of Hastings, Chief Sarver, law-abiding citizens will be walking down Main Street in Hastings open carrying. Chief Sarver in response to a letter to the editor responded by saying it was brandishing, a misdemeanor. He failed to say that the Michigan Attorney Generalís office wrote him telling him that open carry is not against the law. We are asking anyone who is interested in furthering their Second Amendment rights to join us on Thursday, July 24th at 4 PM. We will be meeting at Richie's Coffee Shop (146 W. State Street, Hastings, MI 49058).

An attorney that supports your right to keep and bear arms will be joining us.

It is important to note that this is a peaceful demonstration of our constitutional rights and everyone must be on their best behavior. All well mannered, law-abiding citizens are welcome to join us. Please RSVP if you can. Please do not dress like a paramilitary organization. Wear ordinary clothing that fits in well with the general public.

If you have any questions you can contact me at [email protected].

David Stevens
    Barry County Citizens for Second Amendment and Firearm Rights (B-SAFR)

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

3. Wish i knew about this earlier. How did it go?

wish I knew about that one too.. I seem to find out about these things too little too late.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Hey guys, Check out this web site...
    MCRGO - Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners

At the bottom of the page do a site search for open carry.

Semper Fi