Would You Advise Someone To Open Carry In Detroit?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would You Advise Someone To Open Carry In Detroit?

Would You Advise Someone To Open Carry In Detroit?

Have you EVER run into ANY PROBLEMS while open carrying in Detroit?

I come from Detroit. I would not open carry there because I would become an immediate target. Thing is, I won't even go to Detroit...it's too dangerous now, yet I was raised there...makes me sick to see what it has become!

Go to:

List Your Open Carry Experiences Here

And read cmdr_iceman71 postings. The gentleman openly carries two sidearms and rides his bicycle around Detroit. I must warn you though... that link will take you to a thread with more than 5000 postings. Those postings are not just from cmdr_iceman71 but are from many folks who routinely open carry uneventfully in various places all around Michigan.

Now I realize that 5000+ postings is a bit of a project to go through... but anyone with any intellectual honesty about how open carry ISN'T such a big deal would at least check it out and read a few.

I don't spend my money in any anti gun state or city. Looks like nobody else spends money in that trash pile either. I carry everywhere, you see folks we have a constitution.

I don't understand why anyone voluntarily would stay in Detroit and surrounding areas.

If I had to live in Detroit, I'd have an armored car and be armed to the teeth everywhere I went which wouldn't be out and about much.

It's a war zone and the war is being fought against animals.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Just cruising the new posts and I saw this one. My first gut reaction to the question was everyone knows how bad things are. Like Chicago shootings are a way of life there it seems.
    Why would you set yourself up to be shot from a window or other hidden location so the urchins can just run up and take your open carried from you. It would never make it to your cold dead hands!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

My druthers IF I had to open carry would be a Hand Held M134 Minigun. If I can't carry that, I ain't going...................
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Swiftus Funkellwerk View Post
    Have you EVER run into ANY PROBLEMS while open carrying in Detroit?
    I open carry all over Kalamazoo 99% of the time and would OC in Detroit in a heartbeat.
    P.S. only post OC questions in the OC forum or the people here will come out of the woodwork with misinformation
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

Guys, I grew up there and lived there for a long time. I agree with Docmath, suggest concealed instead.

I open carry for the tactical advantage.

It seems many people open carry in Detroit without a problem over at opencarry.org. so yes I would advise it.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast