Open carry confrontation at a Rest Stop - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry confrontation at a Rest Stop

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    I know its a pain in the ass, and its not right but if you go in somewhere and the people there do not know you, right or no right conceal your gun, it may avoid your food getting cold, 7% of the population in my area carry a gun and 1 to 2 % of them OP so seeing someone with a gun on there belt is not a real big deal, but its really funny seeing people looking then trying to appear that they didn't
    Please don't tell me what Freedoms I can have.
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    It never amazes how someone unarmed has the juevos to confront an armed person and get in their face. Fortunately for them, you're one of the good guys.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Chalk it up to their ignorance.

If she really thought it was against the law, I wonder why she bothered to wait for you rather than call the cops. *shrugs*

"fear" made her do it. Because she was "afraid."

4. Quote Originally Posted by Icemanii View Post
    Possibly, but I would rather just go ahead and use the facilities when I wish to and not try and hold it until I get home. At my age you never know.
    "Ma'am, can you describe the man that had the gun?" "Well, he was wearing a diaper and...." :-)
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

seeing someone with a gun on there belt is not a real big deal, but its really funny seeing people looking then trying to appear that they didn't
    Open Carry is legal! I'm fine with people looking and looking away and looking and looking away. It exercises their necks, and makes them think. (maybe.)(probably not.) We got followed by an idiot terrier (pretending to a man -- or at least, in a man's body: *disgusted* ) once in Home Depot. (Ha. NY accent too. Michael always complained he was living in Yankee-occupied Georgia!) The little weenie was huffing and flustering (mostly to himself) about "a gun! it's a gun! In Home Depot!" Not really loudly -- just; like a terrier he couldn't stop himself from yapping. My husband, of course, (wasn't thinking about it -- just) ignored him as if he were a yapping terrier, but after a while (he was actually following us around the tile section, "barking"!), I leaned toward him and said, 'yes, it's a gun. I'm sorry it upsets you so much." He recoiled and flurried off! (My husband never gave any sign he even knew the little weenie existed... No sense in rewarding bad behavior!)

My husband didn't wear his gun to make a point about himself, or to swagger, or to appear as other than he was. He wore his gun openly to make a philosophical statement because he believed our society has been turned upside down. Historically -- in a traditional society -- aristocrats carried weapons and peasants did not. This society (nearly the entire the western world, actually!) has been 'rearranged' so that what sort-of passes for an aristocracy (but really isn't at all) is not just disarmed, but anti-arms and the peasants and ruffians go armed.

Absolutely - use it or lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanii View Post
    Extremely rare when I don't cover up, Friday was an exception. I was wearing my OWB with the .45 when I stopped at a rest area up by Shepard. Since the place was pretty much empty and I was only going to be a moment, decided to forgo putting my coat back on.
    Lady confronted me as I hit the front door, yelling at me about wearing a gun, and asking if I was a cop. Told me it was against the law to open carry on any state property, she knew that, because she worked there. Told her I didn't think she was fully aware of the laws (trying to be polite) and continued into the Men's room. She waited for me, and kept telling me that I needed to make sure I never carried on any state property again.
    First time at all for me to have a bad experience carrying, mainly carry concealed due to work, but on a rare occasion open.
    So much for her being scared of an openly carried gun.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Elenor View Post
    Open Carry is legal! I'm fine with people looking and looking away and looking and looking away. It exercises their necks, and makes them think. (maybe.)(probably not.) We got followed by an idiot terrier (pretending to a man -- or at least, in a man's body: *disgusted* ) once in Home Depot. (Ha. NY accent too. Michael always complained he was living in Yankee-occupied Georgia!) The little weenie was huffing and flustering (mostly to himself) about "a gun! it's a gun! In Home Depot!" Not really loudly -- just; like a terrier he couldn't stop himself from yapping. My husband, of course, (wasn't thinking about it -- just) ignored him as if he were a yapping terrier, but after a while (he was actually following us around the tile section, "barking"!), I leaned toward him and said, 'yes, it's a gun. I'm sorry it upsets you so much." He recoiled and flurried off! (My husband never gave any sign he even knew the little weenie existed... No sense in rewarding bad behavior!)

My husband didn't wear his gun to make a point about himself, or to swagger, or to appear as other than he was. He wore his gun openly to make a philosophical statement because he believed our society has been turned upside down. Historically -- in a traditional society -- aristocrats carried weapons and peasants did not. This society (nearly the entire the western world, actually!) has been 'rearranged' so that what sort-of passes for an aristocracy (but really isn't at all) is not just disarmed, but anti-arms and the peasants and ruffians go armed.

Absolutely - use it or lose it.
    I call BS. NY accent? Give me a break. You know those damn people in NY... they all talk the same, act the same and espouse the same views. That's why 1 out of every 8 people in NYS has a CCW permit. What?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    That's why 1 out of every 8 people in NYS has a CCW permit.
    could you back this up with reliable data?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    I know its a pain in the ass, and its not right but if you go in somewhere and the people there do not know you, right or no right conceal your gun, it may avoid your food getting cold, 7% of the population in my area carry a gun and 1 to 2 % of them OP so seeing someone with a gun on there belt is not a real big deal, but its really funny seeing people looking then trying to appear that they didn't
    Conceal just so other people won't be "upset" or "offended" because they don't know me? I think NOT! I flat refuse to allow other people's opinions and/or fears to run my life! Besides... those other people don't give two farts in the wind if their wearing pajama bottoms in public/have tons of metal in their face/their stinking overpowering perfume...and/or their anti gun opinions... offend ME!

As far as I'm concerned if I am in a place that it is legal for me to be and I'm legally openly carrying a gun.... it isn't up to me to leave or cover up my gun because someone else doesn't like it. It is up to the one who doesn't like it to leave or get over it because they are just not important enough to rule over me.

Consider this... we don't need gun control laws if we allow other people's opinions and fears to control our ability to exercise a right. I will never understand why folks are so afraid that other people might not "like" them... or they won't "fit in".

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    could you back this up with reliable data?
    If in doubt just check the statistics provided by the state. They're relatively easy to find. Example... Orange county, population 370,000; CCW permits - 39,000.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

11. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    If in doubt just check the statistics provided by the state. They're relatively easy to find. Example... Orange county, population 370,000; CCW permits - 39,000.
    Where is Orange county?
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast