Open carry confrontation at a Rest Stop - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry confrontation at a Rest Stop

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    If in doubt just check the statistics provided by the state. They're relatively easy to find. Example... Orange county, population 370,000; CCW permits - 39,000.
    one rural county of 390k people is hardly reflective of the entire state population of almost 20 million people, which would be about 1.6 MILLION people. I don't think so
    you made the assertion now either back it up or remain a blowhard

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    Where is Orange county?
    40 miles North of NYC.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    one rural county is hardly reflective of the entire state. you made the assertion now either back it up or remain a blowhard
    Sorry, do your own homework. I stand by the numbers. If you can refute them go ahead. The work is yours to do, not mine. There's no $$ in it. Blowhard? What a moron, you don't even know me. Those who can make an argument do, those who can't resort to name calling and insults. Just put me on "ignore."
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Sorry, do your own homework. I stand by the numbers. If you can refute them go ahead. The work is yours to do, not mine. There's no $$ in it. Blowhard? What a moron, you don't even know me. Those who can make an argument do, those who can't resort to name calling and insults. Just put me on "ignore."
    In what world does this happen, you make a claim and we need to prove it? I know you well enough from your rude posts but ignore doesn't always work when others keep quoting you. USA Carry will be a much better place once your banned!
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eagle View Post
    In what world does this happen, you make a claim and we need to prove it? I know you well enough from your rude posts but ignore doesn't always work when others keep quoting you. USA Carry will be a much better place once your banned!
    Why would he get banned? He's remained respectful.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Sorry BC1... that isn't the way it works. If you said it and someone challenged what you said the responsibility to do the homework to prove the veracity of what YOU said is on.......... you.

And any attempts to deflect, redirect, avoid, or evade, or shift that responsibility onto the one who dared question you.... puts YOUR credibility in question.

Oddly enough you took umbrage with name calling and then indulged in the exact same thing.

Back on topic. Here is some proof open carry is allowed on (and in) state property:

This is in the Michigan State Capitol.
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

it's more enjoyable highlighting your BS. and yourself prove beyond a shadow of any doubt how big of an ill informed blow hard you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Sorry BC1... that isn't the way it works. If you said it and someone challenged what you said the responsibility to do the homework to prove the veracity of what YOU said is on.......... you.

And any attempts to deflect, redirect, avoid, or evade, or shift that responsibility onto the one who dared question you.... puts YOUR credibility in question.

Oddly enough you took umbrage with name calling and then indulged in the exact same thing.
    No, sorry. I made a statement I knew to be true. I might have eventually had time to get the data but he became insulting. He took a shot. He wasn't interested in the truth, he was interested in a fight. He was interested in the myth that people in NYS aren't gun friendly. So he doesn't get anything. And I indulged in the exact same thing because in the PP world is slap is met with a slap. But I'm more than happy to give you the data.
    As far as my credibility... the exact number for NYS is 1,211,030 permits as of 12/31/2010. The data can be downloaded at https://sites.google.com/site/whospackingnyisback/ by clicking on the master zip file. It is the name and address of every pistol permit owner in NYS. Scroll down to the end of the file to obtain the number of persons. There are two files... add the two totals to get the aggregate. According to the U.S. census the population in upstate NY is 11,000,000. That's one permit for every nine persons as of 2010. The numbers have jumped quite a bit since 2010 but I'm using the 2010 data. As the gun debate heated up NY permits have backlogged due to overwhelming number of new applicants so there's been another jump but I don't know how much. If you provide me an email address I will forward the complete listing of permit holders in MS-Excel format.
    Now the other poster called me out. I said 1 in 8. In 2010, according to this data, it was 1 in 9. So he can hang me for the error, but that was 2010. When we add police carrying on their badge and the increase since 2010 it's about 1 in 8. He shouldn't become belligerent just because someone doesn't provide citations. He could just say without a citation he wouldn't accept the statement. But name calling? Would he act this way with his boss? I doubt it. Tough crowd.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I call BS. NY accent? Give me a break. You know those damn people in NY... they all talk the same, act the same and espouse the same views. That's why 1 out of every 8 people in NYS has a CCW permit. What?
    There's a HUGE difference between people in NYS (the state), and "NYers." I grew up on Long Island (so I KNOW my NY accents!) -- my high school actually had (probably still has, but I'm sure it's locked up, if not filled with cement and horror!) a rifle range under the science building! And a rifle team that competed around the state. However, nowadays, "defending" NYS as not being anti-gun probably can't fly. (I went to uni in upstate NY -- where people are somewhat more "normal"... and I don't fault upstaters for not being able to overrule the pathology that is NY City and its environs. (Same down here in Georgia -- where, alas, lots and lots of Northerners have come down to 'change' things...) It's not just people flying into JFK who have to prepare doubly and triply to prevent being harassed and arrested if their flight OUT gets cancelled!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast