Open carry confrontation at a Rest Stop - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 100

Thread: Open carry confrontation at a Rest Stop

  1. #51
    It amazes me that people don't consider NYC as being in NYS. NYC is part and parcel of NYS, always has been and always will be, maybe. It doesn't matter that either don't recognize each others permits. NYC is still inside the boundaries of the State of New York and is therefore considered part of the state as a whole.
    ~
    Keeping this in mind I am drawn to all the comments on this forum about NYers voting history overruling upstate voters. This would not be the case if NYC wasn't part of NYS.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

  2.   
  3. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    It amazes me that people don't consider NYC as being in NYS. NYC is part and parcel of NYS, always has been and always will be, maybe. It doesn't matter that either don't recognize each others permits. NYC is still inside the boundaries of the State of New York and is therefore considered part of the state as a whole.
    ~
    Keeping this in mind I am drawn to all the comments on this forum about NYers voting history overruling upstate voters. This would not be the case if NYC wasn't part of NYS.
    Yes of course, it is part of NYS. But when discussing state issued permits NYC is not considered because the state permit is not valid in NYC. You must get a NYC permit under their law. And the NYC permit is not valid anywhere outside the boundaries of NYC. A NYC resident may not obtain a NYS CCW permit. No state honors a NYC permit, even NYS. So when we quote state permit statistics we don't include permits issued in NYC, thus we don't include the population in the numbers. NYC isolated themselves long ago by codifying into the state penal law various provisions (Article 400) that exempt them from certain state laws. One is guns and permits. A sticky situation for sure. State residents have been jailed for carrying their gun into the cesspool.
    .
    Most of us are ashamed of NYC and try our best to distance ourselves from that stench. We focus on our own populace which is very different in beliefs and views. The point of my posts has always been to get folks to understand that outside of the city we're different than the pavement pounders. We're more in-line with rural America. I think 1.2 million CCW permits in 11 million residents shows we're different than people who live in the stink-hole.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  4. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    Now wait a second he said there are different permit requirements in that part of NY so the numbers are going to skew no matter what
    read for comprehension, he claimed 1 in 8 people in New York State had ccw permits, he didn't say 1 in 8 people in NYS outside of NYC, he's tried to peddle this BS in the past I called BS then as I did now, he then tries to qualify the statement, he needs to learn to post accurate data or he can expect to be called on it.

  5. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Jonny, just ignore the responses. I feel like I'm arguing with the kids for Christ sake. Kid says he didn't eat the chocolate and he sticks to his story despite it being all over his hands and mouth. Some people won't accept a fact even when its handed to them.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  6. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,355
    A portion of my response is contained within the post below in blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    One other positive is that it pisses off the anti gunners by showing them right there "in their faces" that they are not important enough to be in control of how the right to bear arms is exercised.
    That's the problem right there if you're walking around like that looking to piss people off (which is exactly what the antis say you guys are doing) then you will get a reaction and it just might be the reaction they got in California or the reaction they Got in Colorado when some Yo Yo started showing up at city council meeting with a shotgun, third time he did it the city banned open carry in city owned buildings.

    Interesting how you managed to assume the folks walking around with long guns were doing it just to piss people off. I said I liked it because it pisses of anti gunners... and it would piss off anti gunners regardless of the reason it was done. But because it pisses you off you also assume anyone actually gives a crap if anti gunners get pissed off. Actually if the anti gunners are getting pissed off then the pro gunners are doing something right.

    I don't necessarily agree with your other points but this one is going to cause some trouble sooner or later

    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    One other positive is that it pisses off the anti gunners by showing them right there "in their faces" that they are not important enough to be in control of how the right to bear arms is exercised. Actually I kinda like this one since I find it humorous to watch an anti gunner get all red in the face and self importantly puff all up (or try to ridicule/insult on the internet) when faced with the undeniable proof... right there "in their faces".... they just are not as important as they think they are... and there are people who know just how unimportant that anti gunner really is. Kinda hurts their ego.
    And exactly what kind of trouble is pissing off anti gunners going to cause? Will they rise up and get more restrictive gun control laws passed? Got news for you... the anti gunners have been doing that for years but now that they are getting some actual resistance that the general public is looking friendly on the anti gunners are getting pissed off. Why? Because like any 2 year old throwing a tantrum they aren't getting their way.

  7. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    If in doubt just check the statistics provided by the state. They're relatively easy to find. Example... Orange county, population 370,000; CCW permits - 39,000.
    How many in the high population New York City?
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  8. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    42
    Who gives a damn about the number of permit owners in or outside of NYC or state? An argument started over a comment about a NY accent. Give it up Gentlemen, as they say, "never argue with an idiot, a bystander won't be able to figure out who the idiot is".
    Best Regards,
    "Doc" aka Bill

  9. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by RxDoc View Post
    Who gives a damn about the number of permit owners in or outside of NYC or state? An argument started over a comment about a NY accent. Give it up Gentlemen, as they say, "never argue with an idiot, a bystander won't be able to figure out who the idiot is".
    So the argument about NY was false. Do you also doubt that the majority of New Yorkers are anti-gun? The upstaters are a different breed from NYC but the numbers are with NYC. You are familiar with the new gun laws in NY are you not? It is reasonable to associate a NY accent with an anti-gun attitude just like it is reasonable to associate a Kaliornian with the same attitude. Most stereotypes are for a reason. Doesn't mean its always true, but it's the way to bet if you're a betting man.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  10. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    42
    I don't know whether the comment was false or not, nor your assertion that most NYs are anti-gun by said reason. And NO, it is not reasonable to associate an accent with anything, regardless of matter or association. I personally don't believe in "stereotypes" per se, and if you do, it just portrays your character. You actually answered your own doubt, nothing can be said to be always true by inaccurate impressions.
    Best Regards,
    "Doc" aka Bill

  11. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    How many in the high population New York City?
    The numbers aren't available for NYC permit holders. They don't publish them or provide them to the state.
    .
    Let's rephrase the entire thing for clarity...
    .
    NYS, outside of NYC has 11 million residents. Effective 12/31/2010 there were 1.2 million state-issued permits in that population. Persons residing in NYC are not issued NYS permits. In conclusion, outside of the NYC population, roughly 1 in 8 persons (out of 11 million) has a CCW permit. Anyone who doubts this can give me an email address and I'll forward the entire list of persons with a CCW in NYS. 1.2 million names on that list as o 2010.
    .
    There. Nice and tidy.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast