Open carry confrontation at a Rest Stop - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry confrontation at a Rest Stop

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    The numbers aren't available for NYC permit holders. They don't publish them or provide them to the state.
    Let's rephrase the entire thing for clarity...
    NYS, outside of NYC has 11 million residents. Effective 12/31/2010 there were 1.2 million state-issued permits in that population. Persons residing in NYC are not issued NYS permits. In conclusion, outside of the NYC population, roughly 1 in 8 persons (out of 11 million) has a CCW permit. Anyone who doubts this can give me an email address and I'll forward the entire list of persons with a CCW in NYS. 1.2 million names on that list as o 2010.
    There. Nice and tidy.
    there are around 20 million people in NY State taking your numbers as stated that would make the numbers for permit holders about 1 in almost 20, can cannot choose which part of NY you want to include or exclude to inflate your figures

3. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    The numbers aren't available for NYC permit holders. They don't publish them or provide them to the state.
    Let's rephrase the entire thing for clarity...
    NYS, outside of NYC has 11 million residents. Effective 12/31/2010 there were 1.2 million state-issued permits in that population. Persons residing in NYC are not issued NYS permits. In conclusion, outside of the NYC population, roughly 1 in 8 persons (out of 11 million) has a CCW permit. Anyone who doubts this can give me an email address and I'll forward the entire list of persons with a CCW in NYS. 1.2 million names on that list as o 2010.
    There. Nice and tidy.
    So what you are basically saying is the of the people who are eligible for a NY STATE permit (which would include no one that resides in NYC) 1 in 8 has the STATE issued permit which would be INVALID in NYC anyway. Which is the same as saying that your numbers don't include residents of Tulsa because they can't get an NY STATE permit anyway either.

Why is that so hard for some folks to understand?
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

4. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    there are around 20 million people in NY State taking your numbers as stated that would make the numbers for permit holders about 1 in almost 20, can cannot choose which part of NY you want to include or exclude to inflate your figures
    No but you can exclude those who would not be able to get the STATE permit anyway. you might as well say he can't exclude the population of Newark
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    No but you can exclude those who would not be able to get the STATE permit anyway. you might as well say he can't exclude the population of Newark
    newark is in NJ, not NY
    you appear to be a troll, please return to your bridge and stop polluting the forum with your drivel

That's the problem with folks that are uneducated... I OC all the time waiting for a uneducated person to say something... I will educate them quickly....

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

7. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    newark is in NJ, not NY
    But an NY STATE permit is just as valid in both places (Newark and NYC) and NY CITY residents are just as eligible for the STATE permit as Newark residents are

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    you appear to be a troll
    Of course I do after all I posted an opinion contrary to yours

This thread took a serious left turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    But an NY STATE permit is just as valid in both places (Newark and NYC) and NY CITY residents are just as eligible for the STATE permit as Newark residents are

Of course I do after all I posted an opinion contrary to yours
    You have cites and/or links that prove NYC folks can qualify for a NYS permit? And that a NYS permit is valid in NYC? Kinda contradicts this post:

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Yes of course, it is part of NYS. But when discussing state issued permits NYC is not considered because the state permit is not valid in NYC. You must get a NYC permit under their law. And the NYC permit is not valid anywhere outside the boundaries of NYC. A NYC resident may not obtain a NYS CCW permit. No state honors a NYC permit, even NYS. So when we quote state permit statistics we don't include permits issued in NYC, thus we don't include the population in the numbers. NYC isolated themselves long ago by codifying into the state penal law various provisions (Article 400) that exempt them from certain state laws. One is guns and permits. A sticky situation for sure. State residents have been jailed for carrying their gun into the cesspool.
    Most of us are ashamed of NYC and try our best to distance ourselves from that stench. We focus on our own populace which is very different in beliefs and views. The point of my posts has always been to get folks to understand that outside of the city we're different than the pavement pounders. We're more in-line with rural America. I think 1.2 million CCW permits in 11 million residents shows we're different than people who live in the stink-hole.
    Actually, truth be told... I'm leaning towards the following post being the truth.

Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    newark is in NJ, not NY
    you appear to be a troll, please return to your bridge and stop polluting the forum with your drivel

newark is in NJ, not NY
    APVBGUY, leave him alone. He has a different opinion than you so he's a troll? Perhaps Luke should look at your history of name calling when someone's opinion differs from yours.
    What does APVBGUY mean anyway? Just curious. A Pee'd-off very bad guy? You lost this one a very long time ago. Just swallow. What's the difficulty understanding this? They're not eligible for a state permit so their population isn't included BY NEW YORK STATE.
    AGAIN. let's rephrase the entire thing for clarity...
    NYS, outside of NYC has 11 million residents. Effective 12/31/2010 there were 1.2 million state-issued permits in that population of 11 million. Divide 11 million by 1.2 million. It's basic math. Persons residing in NYC are not issued NYS permits. Their population is not included in the state stats. These aren't my numbers, they're published by NY State. So, in conclusion, outside of the NYC population, roughly 1 in 8 persons (out of 11 million) has a CCW permit. Anyone who doubts this can give me an email address and I'll forward the entire list of persons with a CCW in NYS. 1.2 million names on that list as of 2010.
    This is sort of fun. Reminds me of teaching years ago at a small college in upstate NY. Some people just won't understand an issue. Some tried but just didn't have the ability while others refused to acknowledge... they were obtuse. Then again, I failed that group. I was looking at a lot of your posts to see if its just me you do this to or is it everyone. Found that your behavior here is part of an overall pattern. Very nasty guy. Please go stalk another poster. We're done. You've lost. Responding again won't win it for you. You might not agree with the manner in which the numbers are computed but that's how the state does it. Your argument is with them not me.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

his local newspaper owned by gannet published the names and addresses of all the CCW permit holders in his county
    That's also wrong. No one published a list for my county in any newspaper. That was another county.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast