Pistol Free Zone Question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistol Free Zone Question

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rivoak View Post
    Carry a gun, even with a state issued permit, onto any PO parking lot in the United States is a felony.

https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-...0ZC2QF20150626

So, again, the post encouraging you to ignore GFZ laws, should be ignored unless you really want free housing and food at the federal penitentiary. Also, conviction of any felony means you will be banned from possessing a firearm for any reason for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Concede...

Sent from my SM-N950U using USA Carry mobile app

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rivoak View Post
    See, thatís exactly the problem when somebody asks a question on this forum that goes out to people from different states. Gun laws in the US are a hodge-podge of cockamamie, illogical and arbitrary rules that have been cobbled together by ignorant legislators that know nothing about what they are passing and cannot be reconciled. For instance, carrying a gun into a church in your state may be fine, but in my state it is a misdemeanor that can get your permit revoked, and can get you jail time, unless you have the written permission of the head dude of the church.

Thanks for responding. Much appreciated. And I agree it sucks each state is different. Iím no lawyer ,but I get that laws vary by states, but the way things are with guns these days I feel like they should follow a federal law all together. Also thatíd piss California politicians off Pistol Free Zone Question

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry mobile app

4. If possible get yourself a metal lock box as it is safer than a plastic gun case if your car God forbid gets broken into , So long as your in the parking lot of the school and disarm there should be no problem walking into the school .

5. Just carry your gun anyway. Concealed means concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGuy View Post
    Just carry your gun anyway. Concealed means concealed.
    Exactly. Unless itís in a place(or state) where itís actually against the law to carry into- i.e, a place or state that has the weight of the law backing them, just say to hell with those goofy ďviolent bad guys welcomeĒ signs and carry regardless. Donít listen to those jackeeeded people who try to tell you any different, especially the ones who try so diligently hard to try and convince you that youíre ďsneaking....Ē your gun into, razzing on you by trying to convince you that you shouldnít be supporting these places with your business, and trying to make you think these beetleheaded, gun-hating establishments actually give a ratís ass about your second amendment rights while they politely ask you to not bring your gun in there, and therefore you should care about their right to let bad guys in that you canít defend yourself from if you go in there.

If youíre one of those people who wishes to not patronize these places with your business because of the said businessís stupidity, thatís fine. If it means that much to you by inconveniencing yourself to shop somewhere else and if it makes you feel that good by taking your business elsewhere, then by all means, do it. I donít care, and I highly doubt anybody else does either. But donít let some people try to convince you otherwise that this is what youíre supposed to do.

It is... a two-way street. These businesses donít care about your rights so why should you care about their right to ban your carry protection from their establishment when they in return do nothing to ban the, ďreal... bad guyís gunĒ?

As itís been said, concealed means concealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rivoak View Post
    Carry a gun, even with a state issued permit, onto any PO parking lot in the United States is a felony.

https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-...0ZC2QF20150626

So, again, the post encouraging you to ignore GFZ laws, should be ignored unless you really want free housing and food at the federal penitentiary. Also, conviction of any felony means you will be banned from possessing a firearm for any reason for life.

Well yeah, those types of places- unless itís allowed by whatever state youíre in, should be heeded because they are federal property. Theyíre not private property. But letís face it- if thereís no post offices that actually use metal detectors, pat-downs or other means of searching upon entry then... well, how are they gonna know? But just know though, that if youíre caught in that place with a gun, itís gonna be actual charges brought up against you, like you said. You wonít just simply be asked to leave, and then be faced with possibility of criminal trespass charges the same as some 7/11 owner would do if he sees that you carried a gun past his ďrobberís welcomeĒ sign.

But since itís a post office- and uh, if youíre using a post office to get your mail- and ya canít really ďgo somewhere elseĒ like some people like to say, itís still better to be judged by 12 than carried out by 6, especially if it just so happens that at the same time your gun is known, some crazed madman is in there as well who obviously intends to do harm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12