Permit to carry for active duty - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Permit to carry for active duty

Alright, I'm not a lawyer I'm a poor dump enlisted guy, but I have a few buddies in Law Enforcement and I've posed the question to our legal department. What all have told me is the requirement to obtain the permit is residency if that is broken the permit is no longer valid. The last thing I need is to have a felony conviction after over 30 years of patriotic service. Not all of NY issues permanent permits, and getting a resident permit is difficult at best 4 print cards a List of references who must reside in your County and bottom line they still don't have to issue it. Section 400 may not mention residency but the application sure does!

3. Thanks for all the help, I sure appreciate it. In looking at my NY permit, it has no expiration date on it so I assume it's good for life.

After reading all of your posts and doing a bit of research on my own, I think my best bet is to get a resident permit in Minnesota with the additional Utah certification. I could get a permit in Kansas, but I'm only here for a year (I'm at a year long school in Ft Leavenworth--NOT the permanant assignment to the prison....haha), so if I got a Kansas permit it'd be invalid once I get reassigned in June. But if I get a Minnesota permit, given that I have a Minnesota drivers license, I'll be good in 35 states. So, this is my logic. Anybody see any flaws in it?

Quote Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty View Post
    I'll be good in 35 states. So, this is my logic. Anybody see any flaws in it?
    The only flaw is in the state count. Keep in mind that FL, CO, and NH only honor resident permits from the states with which they have reciprocity. In other words, even though those 3 states recognize the UT permit, your UT permit is not valid in those 3 states because you are not a UT resident. MN doesn't have reciprocity with those 3 states at all. So, your count would be 32 states. Still not too shabby.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Sounds like a good plan!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12