How to call BS without flaming? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to call BS without flaming?

Hootmon, I was impressed with your resume before. Now you are my HERO!

There are a lot of solid, intelligent voices in this forum, which help to set it apart from some others. I'd hate to see those voice terminate or move on. I think a PM is the fair and proper answer.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Perhaps you could PM them and discuss your concerns one on one first.
    Sometimes they're too chicken and don't want to be backed into a corner and proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Sometimes they're too chicken and don't want to be backed into a corner and proven wrong.
    Just call them out and get the flame war started. Then everyone will get their feelings hurt, the moderator will have to close the post, and some of us will be better friends for it, others will move on to other places for it.... I used to run a BBS back in the day before the Internet, and it is the same story. People get online and they think they can be anything they they want to be but they never want to be themselves because they are afraid of sounding too mundane, or boring, or like someone that no one wants to talk to because they feel that way in real life. Eventually they gain confidence in the "persona" that they have created and inconsistencies appear, and eventually someone calls them out on it. People side with the person to help protect them because they think the person is the person and they want to help, then others who realize the inconsistencies run to the aid of the person who called them out, and no one wants to be wrong, so you get a nice little rift. Then next thing you know you have a small group of people go off to another forum with a similar intention as the original, but with the underlying idea to not invite those that shamed them, and eventually it all falls apart. And as for the original place. It may keep on going just fine, but there will be less color and fun, but because it was already established others will come and take those places and the cycle repeats.....

6. Quote Originally Posted by brickler View Post
    Just call them out and get the flame war started. Then everyone will get their feelings hurt, the moderator will have to close the post, and some of us will be better friends for it, others will move on to other places for it.... I used to run a BBS back in the day before the Internet, and it is the same story. People get online and they think they can be anything they they want to be but they never want to be themselves because they are afraid of sounding too mundane, or boring, or like someone that no one wants to talk to because they feel that way in real life. Eventually they gain confidence in the "persona" that they have created and inconsistencies appear, and eventually someone calls them out on it. People side with the person to help protect them because they think the person is the person and they want to help, then others who realize the inconsistencies run to the aid of the person who called them out, and no one wants to be wrong, so you get a nice little rift. Then next thing you know you have a small group of people go off to another forum with a similar intention as the original, but with the underlying idea to not invite those that shamed them, and eventually it all falls apart. And as for the original place. It may keep on going just fine, but there will be less color and fun, but because it was already established others will come and take those places and the cycle repeats.....
    Hey, I'm mundane and proud of it! :)

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    OTOH, I personally call it like it is...if it's BS, I say it's BS. You don't like it? TS...then, stop with the BS. Just me, I"ve never been known for my diplomacy.
    In USCCA, instead of saying (full word) BS, we call it "Pelosi", e.g., "That's a lot of Pelosi...!" I think it is much nicer too...

Last edited by lukem; 11-28-2010 at 07:06 PM.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    In USCCA, instead of saying (full word) BS, we call it "Pelosi", e.g., "That's a lot of Pelosi...!" I think it is much nicer too...

Alrighty, then...
    Last edited by lukem; 11-28-2010 at 07:04 PM.

Exclamation If it is stolen Valor...

If it is stolen Valor...Call them out! Those of us that served proudly deserve not to be smeared by a LIAR!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I'd go with trying with PM's if that doesn't provide results then I'd call them out like festus said. One way or the other it needs to be addressed!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I'd go with trying with PM's if that doesn't provide results then I'd call them out like festus said. One way or the other it needs to be addressed!
    I'd PM them. If no result, I'd take it to the site admins, then if nothing.. Call them out on it..

I may not be impressive, but at least at times I'm entertaining.. Whether I mean to be or not..
    (Go ahead, you can laugh at my expense!! )
    Sometimes (more times in some peoples opinions) I'm talking out my, well you know, but someone else comes along behind me with a great posts and straightens out my mess...
    Thanx folks for having my back..
    For those that LIE about their Military Service.. You should be ashamed of yourself and STOP IT!!!
    (Who do you think you are?? John Kerry???)

Good men and women have died, you don't need to desecrate that with your lies.. (IMHO)

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast