How to call BS without flaming? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to call BS without flaming?

Thinking more calmly about this now. Just make damn sure of the facts before any accusation is publicly made. Why not query the source directly? Not being a vet, at this point I think I'll duck out of the disussion. This would not be any of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    OTOH, I personally call it like it is...if it's BS, I say it's BS. You don't like it? TS...then, stop with the BS. Just me, I"ve never been known for my diplomacy.
    See, I tend to run the spectrum. Being more-or-less in the "customer relations" business I've groomed myself to be able to deal with these things diplomatically. Therefore I tend to vacillate between being merely rude to being totally freaking obnoxious. I'm thinking of running for office.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Could I point out that the fact that the military branch/unit they claimed to serve in was either disbanded or yet to be in existence during the time frame in which they claimed to have served?

If you know for a fact that the above is true, send him a personal message with your information. Maybe "Time" is taking its toll and his memory is not what it used to be. Maybe your facts are incorrect. I know one or two people (Americans) who were in places that had Factually Documented statements saying that (No Americans were there).
    Although most people will "Spice" up their life story (a LITTLE) so that it does not appear (as) lame as alot of people believe their own lives to be. NO-ONE should be allowed to lie and give (or continue to give) a fictional account of their Military Service, whether they actually served in the Military or not.
    Yes, this is a Forum where we would like to see similar points of view (that is why there are communities), hear about new issues, and even engage in responsible, adult, debates. But, if someone (who also happens to be a member of this group) has (out and out) lied about having served in the Military, or what they did in the Military; they should be confronted (personally) with the facts, and if they cannot come up with real information to back up their "story" if they really did serve, eject them from the group. If they were never in the military, confront them (publically) and eject them from the group.
    If they continue to "BS" and cause trouble, then eject them from the site (USA Carry).

Just my Opinion,
    HunterLee - US ARMY (67N20)

Quote Originally Posted by thebrez1 View Post
    Hey, I'm mundane and proud of it! :)
    Same here. :)

6. Call him out and let the fun begin.
    Sam Ragsdale
    AGCM(AW/SW) USN-Ret

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterLee View Post
    I know one or two people (Americans) who were in places that had Factually Documented statements saying that (No Americans were there).

Just my Opinion,
    HunterLee - US ARMY (67N20)
    I know 3 men who served in Viet Nam who tell me that they went where they were told, did what they were told to do, but the gubmint denies everything. IDK the 3rd fellow much at all so I don't know if I believe his story. IMHO, the first 2 incidences told to me are believable, but I wasn't in Viet Nam or any neighboring country with them. Their stories are believable but unverifiable.

8. Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    I know 3 men who served in Viet Nam who tell me that they went where they were told, did what they were told to do, but the gubmint denies everything. IDK the 3rd fellow much at all so I don't know if I believe his story. IMHO, the first 2 incidences told to me are believable, but I wasn't in Viet Nam or any neighboring country with them. Their stories are believable but unverifiable.
    You're right gdcleanfun...we had people in Cambodia for 3 or 4 years before the government admitted have soilders there.
    Sam Ragsdale
    AGCM(AW/SW) USN-Ret

NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123