How to call BS without flaming?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to call BS without flaming?

How to call BS without flaming?

There's a specific user on this board that's been getting into it with other users lately. The user in question has posted in numerous categories on a variety of topics. Upon reviewing this user's posts, I discovered numerous inconsistancies.

How do we call BS on a particular user without flaming? Could I point out that the fact that the military branch/unit they claimed to serve in was either disbanded or yet to be in existence during the time frame in which they claimed to have served? Knowing that there are a lot of folks viewing the posts on this forum, I think it's important that we don't look like a bunch of "lying gun nuts".

Any ideas on how to shut these people down without starting an all out flame war?

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    There's a specific user on this board that's been getting into it with other users lately. The user in question has posted in numerous categories on a variety of topics. Upon reviewing this user's posts, I discovered numerous inconsistancies.

How do we call BS on a particular user without flaming? Could I point out that the fact that the military branch/unit they claimed to serve in was either disbanded or yet to be in existence during the time frame in which they claimed to have served? Knowing that there are a lot of folks viewing the posts on this forum, I think it's important that we don't look like a bunch of "lying gun nuts".

Any ideas on how to shut these people down without starting an all out flame war?

gf
    Glockfan, is this person lying about his military service? If so, expose him for what he is. If he is lying about other stuff let it go, unless his advice could endanger someone. IMO.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post

gf
    I Found over the years through experience that EVERYONE LIES. (brought to light by Dr. House)

On the internet people tend to legitimize themselves by bragging about experiences, titles, and accomplishment to reinforce their statements/post. I try to take what people say by their INTENT to say it, and keep in mind they're a lot of good experience people here. A few might lie or exaggerate about themselves, that shouldn't put doubt in ever conversation/thread/post.

Perhaps you could PM them and discuss your concerns one on one first.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Hey Y'all: I recently used language to describe the loose lug nut in the whitehouse that was a synonym for excrement and was chastised by the moderator. I hope the above phraseology is appropriate but still meaningful as to my sincere disapproval. That is about all the moderator can do; policing a "misstater of facts" (trying to be polite) is impossible--I do not know you and you do not know me and the moderator does not know either of us. Lighten up--this is a forum--nothing more, nothing less--it is not an exam, it is not under oath, it is not in a courtroom etc etc. You must take any and all comments with some grain of salt, including the recommedations of specific products, which can also "play you" on the internet with bogus addresses and "leading" recommendations.

OTOH, I personally call it like it is...if it's BS, I say it's BS. You don't like it? TS...then, stop with the BS. Just me, I"ve never been known for my diplomacy.

I believe that HK4U's idea is best for everyone here. I'd point out the inconsistancies and see how this individual responds.
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by gunsite View Post
    I Found over the years through experience that EVERYONE LIES. (brought to light by Dr. House)

On the internet people tend to legitimize themselves by bragging about experiences, titles, and accomplishment to reinforce their statements/post. ... A few might lie or exaggerate about themselves, that shouldn't put doubt in ever conversation/thread/post.
    I have NO idea what you are talking about...
    BTW...

Did you know they made a video of me and my life???

BradPaisley-Online

'Cause online I'm out in Hollywood

I'm six foot five and I look damn good

I drive a Maserati, I'm a black belt in karate

And I love a good glass of wine

It turns girls on that I'm mysterious

I tell 'em I don't want nothing serious

'Cause even on a slow day I can have a three-way chat

With two women at one time.

I'm so much cooler online'

I live in Malibu

I pose for Calvin Klein

I've been in GQ

I'm single and I'm rich

And I got a set of six-pack abs that would blow your mind

It turns girls on that I'm mysterious

I tell 'em I don't want nothing serious

'Cause even on a slow day I can have a three-way chat

With two women at one time.

I'm so much cooler online
    Courtesy "Brad Paisley"

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Funny...this is exactly how I pictured you, Hootmon..... From one redneck to another, I'm proud to make your acquaintance!

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    I have NO idea what you are talking about...
    BTW...

Did you know they made a video of me and my life???
    Semper Fi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast