Pentagon to adopt uniform rules on guns.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pentagon to adopt uniform rules on guns.

Pentagon to adopt uniform rules on guns.

I am new to USA Carry.

Came accross the above article on the NRA site.

I have contacted me senator and rep. about the possibility of retired military and other licensed carriers being allowed to carry on military bases.

Below is my message that was sent to Sen Cornyn. If enough people contact their Reps, maybe it will be done.

Military Man

Your Message:

RE: Pentagon to adopt uniform rules on guns. According to an article from The Associated Press, the Pentagon is thinking of having rules for firearms on military installations, basicaly because of the Hasan case. Right now it is illegal to carry conceled firearms on military bases. As a retired military person who has a Twxas license to carry, I would like the right to carry on any military base that I lawfully visit.Without having to register my firearm with the military. Major Hasan was in violation of military rules/laws when he carried his firearms on Ft. Hood. The rules/law did not prevent him from doing what he s accused of doing. If the military want to regulate the ownership and possession of active duty troops, that is ok. but for the rest of us who are lawfuly on bases, let us carry unrestricted,except for court rooms,detentation centers,if we desire and if we hve the state permits. Except for court rooms and detention centers, I would like to carry on all federal property. Registration,banning the possesion of firearms has never prevented a crime. Respectfuly

Quote Originally Posted by Military Man View Post
    If the military want to regulate the ownership and possession of active duty troops, that is ok.
    Sorry, but that makes zero sense. What part of that is ok? Ok so long as you can carry? If they are going to grant the right (which I would love to see) how do you justify giving the right to one group while not allowing the other (read: the people in the actual military that work on the installation)?
    Never had to use my gun, never want to use my gun, will not hesitate to use my gun.

The Terrorist have a win.

Wonderful idea (insert the big fart emoticon)
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

Imagine how different the Ft. Hood outcome may have been had just one courageous CCW holder been present with their weapon when the shooting started that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Imagine how different the Ft. Hood outcome may have been had just one courageous CCW holder been present with their weapon when the shooting started that day.
    Just imagine how different it would have been if all those well trained soldiers would have had their M4's with them.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by xzeler8 View Post
    Sorry, but that makes zero sense. What part of that is ok? Ok so long as you can carry? If they are going to grant the right (which I would love to see) how do you justify giving the right to one group while not allowing the other (read: the people in the actual military that work on the installation)?
    Thinking of those who are living in the barracks and are new to the military.
    Hopefuly something could be worked out. Maybe allowing NCO's and above.
    Lets get our foot in the door and go from there.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Military Man View Post
    Thinking of those who are living in the barracks and are new to the military.
    Hopefuly something could be worked out. Maybe allowing NCO's and above.
    Lets get our foot in the door and go from there.
    If they've passed Boot Camp and can't be trusted with a firearm, maybe that Branch needs to review its training protocols.

There was this big sign I remember. It said something about "Every Marine a Rifleman..."

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    If they've passed Boot Camp and can't be trusted with a firearm, maybe that Branch needs to review its training protocols.
    Training - what a concept. I've known servicemembers who've been through three deployments, 10 years in the military, who I would not trust with a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Training - what a concept. I've known servicemembers who've been through three deployments, 10 years in the military, who I would not trust with a weapon.
    They were not Marines, were they?
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post

There was this big sign I remember. It said something about "Every Marine a Rifleman..."
    Big ole +1! Not only should active duty members be allowed to be armed, I might go so far as requiring all active duty members on base be required to have at least a sidearm at all times. If our soldiers can not be trusted to carry a sidearm, then they should not be in the service at all. Period. That is all.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast