PTSD Diagnosis on Driver's Licenses - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PTSD Diagnosis on Driver's Licenses

This shouldn't get off the floor in any state, but the way I read the article, if it becomes a law in Ga. participation qould be voluntary(?). (Why would someone want their state's DMV to put that on their drivers license?) And no, it isn't violating any HIPPA Oath for Doctors!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Unhappy

How much more discrimination are we willing to take? As a Vietnam vet I felt the anger from people when I returned home. I have spent the last 42 years in rehab from my wounds and no one has done any thing to make my life easier.
    This is another try at pointing the finger at us and culling us from the "NORMAL" crowd of people.
    Life Member: USMC_DAV_VVA_MOPH_NRA

4. What next MTBI and STBI?

I would think that would violate the right to medical privacy act.
    Let's hope that enough people raise hell and get it quashed before it becomes law.

It's just like the Body Mass Index and sleep apnea restricting Commercial Drivers License and aircraft operators licenses.
    If you have a medical condition that might make you black out with a truck or plane load of explosives or dangerous chemicals,
    You should be doing something else for a living or getting treatment for your issues.

I DO NOT think your medical issues should be advertised on drivers licences, but for the greater good, some people shouldn't own firearms or drive explosives/chemicals around...

On the other hand, PTSD should be reported to ATF or who ever does the background checks for the purchase of firearms.
    Same a any metal disability that might lead to disqualification for owning firearms.
    Someone with rage or mental instability/illness issues shouldn't own firearms.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    This shouldn't get off the floor in any state, but the way I read the article, if it becomes a law in Ga. participation qould be voluntary(?). (Why would someone want their state's DMV to put that on their drivers license?) And no, it isn't violating any HIPPA Oath for Doctors!
    HIPAA is not the Doctor's Oath it is the Health Information Portability & Accountability Act of 1996. The HIPAA Privacy Rule provides federal protections for personal health information held by covered entities and gives patients an array of rights with respect to that information. At the same time, the Privacy Rule is balanced so that it permits the disclosure of personal health information needed for patient care and other important purposes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12