One vet to another vet - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One vet to another vet

wolfhunter Guest

Exclamation Thank you for your service

Quote Originally Posted by edtlewis View Post
    As a vetnam vet (americal division), i want to say thanks to all who served and are serving now. Let us not forget the sacrifice made by veterans of all wars to make this country great. Thank you!!
    Thanks to you and all other veterans who have served to keep us free.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

4. Thumbs up Thank you

If not for you what would we have now.
    Thank you and welcome home, glad to meet you all!

One Vet to Another Vet

Thanks to all of you for service to our country, whether you were (or are) "in country", logistic support, ready reserves, military home security, etc. I salute you for the willingness to defend and honor the great nation we have and love!

Vietnam 1969/70
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Thanks to all veterans - past & present - for your committments and sacrifices. Those of us who wore the uniform know what your going through/have been through, and we appreciate it more than you think!

USAF(ret.) 1959-1983
    VietNam Vet. 1966-1968
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

I have an interesting aside to this thread... I had a Wonderful experience yesterday!! I wear the POW/MIA bracelet of a Special Forces Hero who was lost in Cambodia in 1968, Robert F. Scherdin...have for many years. Yesterday I received an e-mail from his Cousin!! It was terrific, and I can only wonder at the spirits that conspired to let him find me...a new treasured memory in my life, that's certain.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

wolfhunter Guest
    Ektarr, that's great to hear. We found a POW/MIA bracelet in my dad's watch box after he passed away. I felt a duty to find out what had become of this serviceman. It took several months with posts on POW forums, before I was pleased to learn Capt. Lengyel returned from Viet Nam and, at the time of the report, was living in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    I have an interesting aside to this thread... I had a Wonderful experience yesterday!! I wear the POW/MIA bracelet of a Special Forces Hero who was lost in Cambodia in 1968, Robert F. Scherdin...have for many years. Yesterday I received an e-mail from his Cousin!! It was terrific, and I can only wonder at the spirits that conspired to let him find me...a new treasured memory in my life, that's certain.
    Wwhat else can I say except
    Semper Fi

10. Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    I'll also extend a thank you, but we need to remember that Memorial Day is not Veterans-only holiday. This is a day to remember ALL those who've died while serving their country. Along with the Vets, let's remember the LEO's, Firefighters and EMS folks, too
    I do not want to start a flame war, but Memorial Day is a military day meant for the rememberance of Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines of the Armed Forces that have died. I find it disrespectful to include anyone else. It is not meant for civilian deaths or to honor those outside of the military. Please do some research and have some respect for those personel and their families that have sacrificed more than most who go home daily after work.....

Army Infantry 1989-Present
    Currently deployed, again

Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the last Monday of May (May 31 in 2010). Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. soldiers who died while in the military service.[1] First enacted to honor Union soldiers of the American Civil War – it is celebrated near the day of reunification after the Civil War – it was extended after World War I to honor Americans who have died in all wars.
    [

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast