CC permits and OTH discharges - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CC permits and OTH discharges

Quote Originally Posted by TooCalm View Post
    NC will not issue a ccw for anything other than a honorable discharge...
    Hi TooCalm, my understanding about NC is that they won't issue to anyone discharged with "other than honorable conditions", which technically exempts people with HONORABLE & GENERAL (UNDER HONORABLE CONDITIONS) discharges. Question #12 on the current NC application for concealed carry states: 12. Have you been discharged from the U.S. Armed Forces under conditions other than honorable? So unless I'm reading it wrong, someone with a General Discharge would not be disqualified.

Quote Originally Posted by AMS3(AW) View Post
    Hi TooCalm, my understanding about NC is that they won't issue to anyone discharged with "other than honorable conditions", which technically exempts people with HONORABLE & GENERAL (UNDER HONORABLE CONDITIONS) discharges. Question #12 on the current NC application for concealed carry states: 12. Have you been discharged from the U.S. Armed Forces under conditions other than honorable? So unless I'm reading it wrong, someone with a General Discharge would not be disqualified.
    You do realize the person you are responding too posted his question 3 years ago right?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Howdy,

Since getting your OTH discharge have you gotten your ducks in a row? If so contact your Senator and have your OTH upgrade to a General under Honorable Conditions.

By doing this you will be eligible for a CCW permit and VA benefits. VA benefits are not available to Vets with an OTH discharge.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    In Montgomery County, Alabama, the application for a CCW license does not ask about military service. The application will be checked by the MCSO and MPD. Unless something comes up in the applicant's background, there shouldn't be any problems. As far as I know, there is no mention of character of military discharges in our laws. "Theicemanmpls" gave a fine thumbnail sketch of ther rules of enlisted separations from the services. Some people seem to think that the character of one's discharge is a small matter. WRONG! I spent over 23 years in the service and never saw any type of separation, other than honorable, given out lightly. Generally, one had to screw up pretty bad to receive anything other than an honorable rating. I can't feel sorry for anyone who received an OTH discharge. They should do some soul searching and own up to their indescretions. That said, however, I don't think that should preclude a CCW in all cases.
    You're an idiot who thinks way too much of himself. What were you for 23 years? An office *****?

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by onewhoslived View Post
    You're an idiot who thinks way too much of himself. What were you for 23 years? An office *****?
    No need to be so harsh but I do agree with your POV.

When my group was stateside I worked for an ACU ( Absentee Collection Unit ) and I saw a lot of young men a women that did NOT belong in the military. They should have been sent home with a General under Honorable conditions discharge.

This would have saved the military a lot of time, money and resources.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

You guys know that several posters here are the same person right? And he's playing both sides of the argument. Twisted little people, eh?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Damn old son, I nearly missed your response to my comment. I do apologize for writing seemingly above your head but that is the way it goes. I am sorry that you are unable to understand the comment I made but everything I said is covered by our law. No, I don't think too much of myself. On the contrary, I am well satisfied at what I grew up to be and can look back with great satisfaction on my life. From your comment, it would seem that you are having a problem or an inferiority complex. Did you receive an OTH discharge or have you made comments in an area in which you have no knowledge? For this having been your first post, you are not off to a very good start. I hope you are not on here to just be a troll and interject nonsense rather than knowledgeable comments. By the way, my time was spent in the combat arms, not offices.

Attachment 10297

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234