Justices hear case of disturbances at military funerals - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Justices hear case of disturbances at military funerals

3. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post

This is a perfect example of cultural compliance, it is just we let the kids have their own culture that exists outside of ours. The attack was violence of behavior modification (this is the result if you, the outsider, attacks us). The kids in the gang, and probably those around the gang, know the rules and how to behave. Cultural conditioning, it works. Who is going to snitch on them now?

This is our future under the CURRENT system, one where lawyers determine guilt and innocent based on what version of the TRUTH they can create for the court.

If we, as the mainstream, productive part of society, do not enforce our culture, this will continue to be the result. The kids, without a working system to teach them our culture, our boundaries (under the current system they have very few constraints) will continue to behave this way. And they will continue to do so into adulthood. Our society will continue to degenerate into seperate sub-cultures (gangs) all attempting to get their share, often violently (Mexico anyone??). It is only when we can agree on fundemental right and wrong, have the same culture, be part of the same group, develop the same, acceptable constraints, and enforce them, that our society will survive.

The law should not, cannot and will not enforce these cultural constraints.

What could have stopped this attack??? The only things I can think of is to outlaw all flamable materials (the legal method), or their own inner sense of right and wrong. How do you develop that sense of right and wrong??? Fear of the beatdown.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

So then Emmit Till and Medgar Evers deserved the extra-constitutional beatdown that they got?!?

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    Islander is right but there is probably a way to stop them without restricting free speech. Remember, speech meant to incide violence or panic (yelling "FIRE" in a crowded theater is the classic example) is not protected. I would argue that Fred Phelps gang of idiots is trying to do just that - incite violence to get a reaction and media coverage.

What I REALLY want to know is why hasn't the Baptist church gone after this group for calling themselves Baptist? I don't know if they could do it through the legal system but they could skewer this bunch in the media. I would, if for no other reason than to distance myself from them in people's minds.

Great quote on this bunch from a comments section of one of the articles about them:
    "The range of a Barret M82 Sniper Rifle is 2500 yards. The protesters would be well advised to remember this."

correction - that's 2500 YARDS, not feet.
    Restricting them from the funerals is not stopping their freedom of speech. They can still voice their opinions, just not around or near the funeral. They can voice it on the radio, TV, in their church, etc. The grieving have a right to a peaceful, respectful funeral and that's why the groups right ends there.

I do, to some degree, concur with you Wolfling68. Freedom of speech has consequences. Some or them could be serious and or grave depending on whom you are offending. A beat down, shooting, lynching, heck even tar and feathering could be possible. Freedom of Speech guarantees you will most likely hear something that goes completely against your grain but it's allowed. You could scream the "N" word in a upper income white neighborhood and probably nothing would happen. Watts or Harlen would be completely different outcome.
    As for these Protesters, evil flourishes when the good remain seated. These people are on limited income and resources. A mass rally completely surrounding these rats by the local community should be the norm. There speech is allowed but if surrounded by a hundred people from the local community, who would ever hear there hateful speech. Maybe start a Posse of Christians. More then one way to skin a rat (s). Although a beat down does have a ring to it!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    What was it that Shakespear said about lawyers?
    "first thing we do is kill all the lawyers" is a line from Shakespeare's King Henry VI. it was said by "**** The Butcher" in response to "Jack Cade's" question about how best to create anarchy.

It was a recognition that laws and lawyers are the levy against anarchy and chaos. It was in praise of lawyers, not in derogation of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Restricting them from the funerals is not stopping their freedom of speech. They can still voice their opinions, just not around or near the funeral. They can voice it on the radio, TV, in their church, etc. The grieving have a right to a peaceful, respectful funeral and that's why the groups right ends there.
    Don't forget about the internet. They can post all they want to on their website.

Blog Entries
    This one is real simple boys and girls. If/when you are attending a funeral for military personell, go to the city and request a permit to assemble 100 people outside the cemetary, starting at both sides of the entrance extending 50' in all directions, for a support rally. That way when the protesters show up, you can have them picked up for tresspass during your rally and for exciting violence as well. Its BS that this needs to be done, but its the easiest way. Take the area away that they want, and you will drive them farther away from you and just maybe, maybe, they will go the frick away.
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

Cool Disturbances at military funerals

There are a number of military bases (7) within 100 miles of where I live.. There have not been any disturbances at the funerals of any military personnel that I have heard of. Given the number of military retirees, active duty military and Reserve/National Guardsmen in the area, I think the pastor (?) would not find an audience willing to put up with his brand of BS. This seems to be a cult following akin to the Jim Jones bunch more than a Christian pastor and his flock. Look out if he starts passing out KoolAid!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Look out if he starts passing out KoolAid!
    He probably doesn't like KoolAid, it dilutes the sulphur on his breath.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast