Whats the real Death Toll? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats the real Death Toll?

1. Quote Originally Posted by bob16066 View Post
    Listen up. I have an honorable discharge and have carried my form DD-214 in my wallet for over 30 years. I'm retired now.

I did my time and I didn't whine and cry the way I see the yute of today who think they're soooooo special because their mommy told them so.

Big whoop. You served. So did I. So did a million other guys who are over it and getting on with their lives.

I'm still not gonna kiss anyones butt because they need validation. The modern army are all volunteers and they have no one to blame but themselves if it wasn't the great adventure they had anticipated.

For every one guy who came home messed up from the Wars to End All Wars there were Thousands who got along as best they could and didn't whine and cry and say poor me I suffered so much I need validation for my effort.

I use the terms "they" and "them" to disassociate myself from a bunch of whiny ass crybabies who think I should: "Appreciate" their sacrifice because they're special and give them a participation trophy as they wave their "stress cards" in the air.

Believe me: I feel for the guys who really suffered. But when it's over ya gotta get over it and continue to contribute to society just like millions have done since the dawn of time.

all i read from you is blah-blah-blah, you are just trolling this board!

I served 20years. was in during 3 different wars/conflicts. my thought is...if u didn't serve, i don't want to hear ur opinion about anything involving the military. Yes u have freedom of speech (that I served to protect) and when u start to tell me whats wrong with the military; I have the freedom to not listen to an idiot. I was also a sheriff's deputy. We cannot shoot innocent people and get away with it. (another idiot) everyone is held to standards. does all follow those stanards? of course not. do not judge all by some undisciplined and unethical(sp?) people. Its just like I don't judge everyone on this website's forums by the uninformed, idiotic, and unsympathetic/unempathetic responses some of the members post. I am willing to have an inteligent conversation, any day, any time, any where, with anyone. It will be a battle of the minds. don't come unarmed.

i"m sure I'll get some disparaging remarks but I believe in my own viewpoint that has gotten me through 51 yerars...I DON'T CARE! if you can't come to me with solutions don't b***h about the problems. have a nice day
    G.L. Cooper
    USMCRet

Quote Originally Posted by watchingdennis View Post
    all i read from you is blah-blah-blah, you are just trolling this board!
    I have never seen the particular poster in question troll on this board. Could you please point to the particular post or posting where that person has trolled?

Sorry to break it up but I kinda of think this might be relevant;

Thank Your Military | Thank A Soldier | Causes

My comments:
    It's what America stands for. Strength with Honor and dedication to the American Way of Life. Sacrificing ones time and energy and unfortunately their life at times for the Freedom of all. God Bless all who has served and all those currently in harms way.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

6. Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Sorry to break it up but I kinda of think this might be relevant;

Thank Your Military | Thank A Soldier | Causes

My comments:
    It's what America stands for. Strength with Honor and dedication to the American Way of Life. Sacrificing ones time and energy and unfortunately their life at times for the Freedom of all. God Bless all who has served and all those currently in harms way.
    Mappow, thanks for the link!
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

7. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I have never seen the particular poster in question troll on this board. Could you please point to the particular post or posting where that person has trolled?
    My deepest apologies G50AE, that was not directed at you. This is what happens when i read and post from the freaking htc evo phone, even though is clicked on one quote button, the touch screen selected another member.

Oorah!

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog View Post
    I served 20years. was in during 3 different wars/conflicts. my thought is...if u didn't serve, i don't want to hear ur opinion about anything involving the military. .....
    I will have to disagree with you. I didn't serve but that does not mean I know nothing of the military. You see, you just cutoff all comments from the military dependents. You also cutoff comments from civilians who work(ed) for/with the military. Those in the military aren't the only ones affected by someone in the service.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    I will have to disagree with you. I didn't serve but that does not mean I know nothing of the military. You see, you just cutoff all comments from the military dependents. You also cutoff comments from civilians who work(ed) for/with the military. Those in the military aren't the only ones affected by someone in the service.
    Amen! (Grandfather on father's side - WWII and Korea, Grandfather on mother's side - WWII in service of Der Fuhrer, Father - Viet Nam). In this country, I don't see where any of the Constitution or its amendments have military service as a prerequisite. As an armed citizen and member of the unorganized militia of this country, I have as much right as anyone to comment on anything that my tax dollars are funding. And the Military sucks a heck of a lot of money out of my paycheck each year.

Quote Originally Posted by watchingdennis View Post
    My deepest apologies G50AE, that was not directed at you. This is what happens when i read and post from the freaking htc evo phone, even though is clicked on one quote button, the touch screen selected another member.
    Lose that new fangled sissy phone and get yourself a Glock.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast