A soldier you can be real proud of - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A soldier you can be real proud of

The frozen tundra!! Also known as Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Ropadope View Post
    Sounds like a BS story to me.

I cannot find anything on the usual base links and or Military times etc for such a story that would have made headlines in the usual military media portals and base papers.

What was the man charged with ?? Exercising his right to freedom of speech, not even how much we may not like it ?

Nothing in the Ft.Bragg Advocate, nor the Fayettville Observer, nor Military times etc.

I call BS !!!
    When I was stationed at fort Campbell a few years ago we had a soldier try to rob the PX with a gun the day before we deployed. That never made the papers either. I know that was true because he was my soldier.

I like that I can be able to believe what people say until I find out I can't trust their word. It's to bad when others are so quick to place doubt.
    MN Permit to Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, PPITH
    NRA Life Member, 3 x Iraq War Vet

I know a few people on ft bragg and haven't heard about it. Will have to give them a call.
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Ropadope View Post
    Sounds like a BS story to me.

I cannot find anything on the usual base links and or Military times etc for such a story that would have made headlines in the usual military media portals and base papers.

What was the man charged with ?? Exercising his right to freedom of speech, not even how much we may not like it ?

Nothing in the Ft.Bragg Advocate, nor the Fayettville Observer, nor Military times etc.

I call BS !!!
    I will take him at his word that this did happen but I am disappointed that he would be proud of his son trampling over this persons Freedom of speech. As you said we don't agree with it but it is his right. I would also like to point out that if this did happen as described his son would have been charged with assault since there was nothing to justify the actions he took.

Now if there was a bomb or other device found that could cause injury to others that were in the store then you would be correct to feel proud of the actions your son took.

But since nothing was found your son now looks bad for the actions he took.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I will take him at his word that this did happen but I am disappointed that he would be proud of his son trampling over this persons Freedom of speech. As you said we don't agree with it but it is his right. I would also like to point out that if this did happen as described his son would have been charged with assault since there was nothing to justify the actions he took.

Now if there was a bomb or other device found that could cause injury to others that were in the store then you would be correct to feel proud of the actions your son took.

But since nothing was found your son now looks bad for the actions he took.
    Well said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12