What is the 4thn of July? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the 4thn of July?

Again, the date isn't important. The Fourth of July is the day we put aside to commemorate the creation of the Declaration of Independence. With that document we told the world that Kings did not have the God-given right to rule over other men, but that men could decide their own destinies. That legacy belongs to every one of us, not just military or political party members (the new Kings!) I think that the Fourth should be a day of jubilation not a day of somber reflection and guilt feelings about obligations. There are other days put aside for reflection and homage.
    Celebrate freedom, and do it with your friends and neighbors. Put another burger on the grill and pass me a beer. It is supposed to be that kind of day.

3. Saw a quote I like, from the Arctic Patriot. I think it pretty well sums up Independence Day and the Spirit of 1776.

On the Fourth, we celebrate open rebellion, high treason, and disobedience.
    We celebrate men who killed their countrymen for their principles.
    Men who risked being demonized and executed by their government, for their principles.
    Don’t you ever, ever forget that.
    Ever.
    It’s not about apple pie, baseball, fireworks, and the Declaration of Independence.
    The Fourth is about men holding to their principles strongly enough to lead to killing, rebellion, and treason.
    Such actions led them to freedom.
    Expensive, horrible, priceless freedom.

– Arctic Patriot
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    How many people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776?

Since there is some conflicting information on this I will leave it to the reader to do the research as an exercise in your civic duty.
    None, The document was signed August 2nd, 1776.
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12