Do you agree with pulling out of Afghanistan? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Do you agree with pulling out of Afghanistan? Why?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes?

52 83.87%
  • No?

10 16.13%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Do you agree with pulling out of Afghanistan?

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    I say turn it all into a sheet of glass.
    I wanted to do that in 2002 but fear got in the way by our elected.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

I vote yes because we never should have gone in except to wipe out a threat, which we have not done.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Yes. We need to bring our people home. Let them wack eachother and let god sort'um out. We cant win/change these peoples mind or way of doing things. If they wanna live in a rat hole let them.

The Russians were in Afghanistan for many years and could never bring the populace under their control or establish a workable government. They told the US when the decision was made to go there that we were making a big mistake but nobody listened. Why stay any longer?

I disagree with the idea of simply pulling out of Afghanistan. I agree with former President George W. Bush when he told the nation in October, 2001 that we were taking the War to the Terrorists, and that if a country supported the Terrorists then they were a part of the problem and were also subject to attack. What I do agree with is kicking our illegal White House occupant out of Office and prosecute his sorry ass to the fullest extent of the law...
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

I understand we need to combat terrorists. But, here's some thoughts... there are better, safer ways to engage and deny the terrorists the ability to train, plan, and conduct operations around the globe without having full scale combat being conducted in Afghanistan.

We, and the world will never be able to defeat terrorism... never. Can we make an impact? Yes, we already do... just not in the best manner anymore, with our troops in Afghanistan in large scale. If we simply say we have to go after the terrorists by fighting full scale wars... then when will we win?

What is victory? Is it staying in Afghanistan for another 10, 20, 50 years? Is it declaring we will have permanent troops there until the end of time? Is it fighting yet another full scale war in Iran? North Korea? Pakistan? If we do not decide we need to end the full scale combat... we will drag ourselves into a never ending series of war here, and war there.

Our nation does not have the money, the equipment, the troops, or the heart to fight a never ending full scale war. That's a fact. We can pursue covert ops, small scale hits, SF raids, and the like. But not full scale war until the country collapses in economic and social anarchy.

And before anyone questions my patriotism and experience in this matter, I caution you... My family has served this country since WW1, in every branch of service, and we have given our loved ones in the process. I am currently serving, and I am an OEF veteran. I've been there... and done that. I love this country, and do not beleive this current course of action is truly the best way to ensure our freedoms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    That's the only way you can stop a war that's been going on for a thousand years or more. I doubt any of them could tell you what started it in the first place. Even turning the place to glass will only work until those that survive can get together and revive the hate.
    Yes, but with the radiation poisoning, their tenure would be shortlived.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

9. NO, not if we will give the control, equipment,aid, ammo, and support to the troops.

Yes, since none of that will happen!

10. Yes....but let's make sure we take out Mullah Omar first. Osama Bin Laden is waiting for him!!!!

Absolutely... it's not called "the graveyard of empires" for nothing!
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast