New movement needed - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New movement needed

Quote Originally Posted by PonchoTA View Post
    You can thank Clinton for that one. Military USED to be able to carry on the base, even openly. But WJC decided (on whose recommendation I do not know) that the only people on a military base that needed to be armed would be base security (DoD and Rentacops). That's it.

That happened in around '90 or '91 or so I believe.

Idiots. That's how come that azzhole in Ft. Hood was able to exact so much damage. LUCKILY there was at least ONE base security person in the area (and she was on break, just happened to be near there) to stop him at only 13 people killed, and others wounded.

:(
    Yes, it was Clinton, but he took office in January, 1993, so it was sometime after that.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Military Man View Post
    Base commanders do not have much of a choice, thanks to former President Clinton.
    It it now Federal Law. Hopefuly soon to be President Perry will over turn Clinton
    I understood that it was an executive order that Clinton signed; that's different from a Federal Law. It's still in effect until another president rescinds it. Obama certainly won't, so it will depend o a Republican to be elected to get it done.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Yes, it was Clinton, but he took office in January, 1993, so it was sometime after that.
    Oh yeah! Derrrrrr!!!

Tks Charlie!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    One clarification, "flash mob" is a term that refers to all sorts of arranged ahead of time mass gatherings. It has almost universally meant "lets all get together and do something goofy" like spontaneously singing or dancing in a mall.

The use of "flash mob" to refer to a gang of hooligans all robbing the same place at once is a *VERY* new use.
    "Gay" use to mean "Happy" until the abnormal stole it. Sooo what is your point? The libtards screwed up the language and we have to bend to their whims. Screw them all, let's call them "Crime Mobs"
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    "Gay" use to mean "Happy" until the undesirable stole it.
    Not stole, allocated. The American Psychiatric Association used to refer to homosexuality as a psycological illness. Your "undesirable" folks responded by saying that they were not ill and were happy being how they are. This is how the term "gay" came to mean homosexual, and it still means happy, because they are.

I know several homosexuals. Few are happy.

8. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Not stole, allocated. The American Psychiatric Association used to refer to homosexuality as a psycological illness. Your "undesirable" folks responded by saying that they were not ill and were happy being how they are. This is how the term "gay" came to mean homosexual, and it still means happy, because they are.
    I will accept high jacked.

I am really gay you shared your infamous wisdom. For some reason it just doesn't sound right. These folks didn't choose to be
    homosexual any more then someone choosing to being heterosexual. I don't see any correlation between the two terms.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by JimPage View Post
    I know several homosexuals. Few are happy.
    You've obviously never been to one of Big Gay Al's Big Gay Gun Shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    I am really gay you shared your infamous wisdom. For some reason it just doesn't sound right. These folks didn't choose to be
    homosexual any more then someone choosing to being heterosexual. I don't see any correlation between the two terms.
    I just figured out why a lot of the Christian groups are so upset over the whole idea of gay-marriage. Why should anyone be allowed to be happily married? Married people should all be miserable and put money in the collection plate or give their credit card numbers to Pat Robertson.

Quote Originally Posted by PonchoTA View Post
    You can thank Clinton for that one. Military USED to be able to carry on the base, even openly. But WJC decided (on whose recommendation I do not know) that the only people on a military base that needed to be armed would be base security (DoD and Rentacops). That's it.

That happened in around '90 or '91 or so I believe.

Idiots. That's how come that azzhole in Ft. Hood was able to exact so much damage. LUCKILY there was at least ONE base security person in the area (and she was on break, just happened to be near there) to stop him at only 13 people killed, and others wounded.

:(

Sorry but this is way off track. I was on active duty in the Marine Corps from 1961 to 1991. I have been on Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps bases throughout that period. It has always been forbidden to carry a personal firearm on base. You could keep one in base housing (if registered at PMO) but not in barracks or BOQs. The only weapons that could be carried openly were issue weapons and then only if you were on duty and authorized by command authority. Clinton had nothing to do with it. It has been the rule for a long time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast