New movement needed - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New movement needed

Sorry but this is way off track. I was on active duty in the Marine Corps from 1961 to 1991. I have been on Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps bases throughout that period. It has always been forbidden to carry a personal firearm on base. You could keep one in base housing (if registered at PMO) but not in barracks or BOQs. The only weapons that could be carried openly were issue weapons and then only if you were on duty and authorized by command authority. Clinton had nothing to do with it. It has been the rule for a long time.

Quoting above from WJH2657

you are partly correct. Those who were on active duty were/are prohibited from carrying weapons on base.
    However, around 1992 when the states started issueing carry permits WJC issued an executiver order tp prohibit civilians/retirees from carrying on base. This order is still in affect. Hopefuly soon to be President Perry will overturn it.

As stated above by Military Man, carry of any kind on base is prohibited (personal weapons) but your weapon can be brought on base via your car as long as it is unloaded and locked away. Some bases are different but the info is easy to extract from the Provost Marshall's office.
    "FIRE IN THE HOLE"

4. I am not 100% sure, but I believe that if you register your weapon on post you are able to bring it into the installation as long as it is unloaded and in the trunk of your vehicle; check with the Provost Marshall Office. I do agree with you that you should be able to carry your concealed weapon. But as Military Man stated above, Federal Law prohibits bringing weapons into federal buildings.

AR 190-11 Ch 4 para 5b states that carry is prohibited unless authorized by the base commander or his representative. It makes no mention of federal law. The appropriate CFR or other law is usually referenced if the AR is based on the requirements of federal law. The AR has been like that at least since 1990 when I enlisted. There needs to be a federal law stating that it is OK then AR 190-11 Ch 4 needs to be changed to allow it not just let the base commander decide.

YMOS,
    Tony
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Teddy Roosevelt May 13, 1903

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    With any luck at all either President Santorum or President Bachmann will indeed overturn the Clintonian gun ban on the soldiers at our military installations.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    With any luck at all either President Santorum or President Bachmann
    Both of those options make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Both of those options make me sick.
    Neither of them has a snowball's chance in hell of even getting nominated, even less of being elected.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Neither of them has a snowball's chance in hell of even getting nominated, even less of being elected.
    Good, because I have been running low on Pepto Bismol through the whole "Fast and Furious" series of events. If Obama gets re-elected we will see "Too Fast, Too Furious" followed by "Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift".

Once I take office this will no longer be a problem. I remember my ex old lady refused to allow me to bring my weapons in the house so I would keep them at the Battalion Armory for safe keeping until I needed them like to go out to the range and fire them.

I also agree that if our military personnel had been allowed to walk the base armed the Ft. Hood thing would not have happened.

I firmly believe is a well armed and trained populas to insure a safe and secure society and to preserve our FREEDOMS

Jim Hayden for President in 2012
    Jim Hayden for President 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Hayden View Post
    Jim Hayden for President in 2012
    Jim Hayden for President 2012

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast