Giving son a handgun for home defense in Va - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Giving son a handgun for home defense in Va

1. Thumbs down WOW!!!!! Thanks for the Replies. Oh how we've let Freedom slip away from us.

Again thanks all for your comments and advise. Will call the police dept there getting a name and specific directions to follow on this transfer before he leaves to go back to VA. Here too. Wow.

I guess living in a small town in the hills of MO, after retiring from the Army in 1985, has led me to believe these restrictions and liberal heretics lived and these laes applied only locally to DC, New York, and other east coast big cities and California. Here, even when stopped at a STOP sign, people will wave to the other to go on by out of couresty to one and other. And, you actually can talk to your neighbors without fear. We're just starting to lock our doors - 'bout 3-5 yrs ago my wife started doing this.

Guess I should change my computer (2004 vintage) ID from OleEd to Ole Hick Ed...

3. Quote Originally Posted by OleEd View Post
    Again thanks all for your comments and advise. Will call the police dept there getting a name and specific directions to follow on this transfer before he leaves to go back to VA. Here too. Wow.
    The local police will likely have absolutely no knowledge of firearms transfer laws. The ATF is the agency which interprets interstate firearms transfer laws and prosecutes violations.

Asking the local police how to transfer the gun to your son is like asking the 18 year old kid in the pit at Jiffy Lube to replace a broken piston rod in a NASCAR motor.

Ship or deliver the gun to a Virginia FFL who will transfer the gun to your son. It's as easy as that.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123