Veterans/Military "sign in" honor list - Page 45
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Veterans/Military "sign in" honor list

Quote Originally Posted by Danoobie View Post
    I'm seeing these all over the gun forums. I'm the only one thinking these lists may be more dangerous than gun registrations?
    Nope. You are not alone.
    It is to one's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel (Pro 20:3) // I came here to build Pro-2A consensus to help our country, not trade insults like a fifth-grader. If you're on ignore, well, now you know why.

3. Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Nope. You are not alone.
    We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me.

George Orwell,*1984

Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app

4. U.S. Navy 1979-1985 Active Duty
    Aviation Fire Control Tech - worked on the weapon systems of A-3, A-6 & A-7 aircraft
    Duty stations were in NAS Millington, USS Midway & VAQ-34

U.S. Army 1986 - 1991 Active Duty
    Infantryman
    Duty stations were 197th Inf Bde at Ft. Benning and 8th ID in W. Germany

ARNG
    MP in TN ARNG & Infantryman in AR ARNG
    TN ARNG 1999-2000
    AR ARNG 2004-2014

Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it.
    Power is nowhere near as intoxicating as you might have been lead to believe it is. I have on a number of occasions "seized power" in order to ensure a job gets done right, only to step down voluntarily and of my own free will and volition, even my initiation, when someone better comes along.

I am by no means alone in this attribute. It's common among professionals. We defer to competence.

Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me.

George Orwell,*1984
    Sounds like he's talking about little dictators, not professionals.

Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app[/QUOTE]
    It is to one's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel (Pro 20:3) // I came here to build Pro-2A consensus to help our country, not trade insults like a fifth-grader. If you're on ignore, well, now you know why.

6. Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Power is nowhere near as intoxicating as you might have been lead to believe it is. I have on a number of occasions "seized power" in order to ensure a job gets done right, only to step down voluntarily and of my own free will and volition, even my initiation, when someone better comes along.

I am by no means alone in this attribute. It's common among professionals. We defer to competence.

Sounds like he's talking about little dictators, not professionals.

[/QUOTE]That is exactly who Orwell was speaking of. NWO dictators disguised as the captains of private enterprises.

That is exactly who Orwell was speaking of. NWO dictators disguised as the captains of private enterprises.[/quote]

What in the world are you talking about? I was talking about assuming responsibility for some wayward projects i.e. project management. You're equating that with "NWO dictators?" Get a grip, man!

8. Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    That is exactly who Orwell was speaking of. NWO dictators disguised as the captains of private enterprises.
    What in the world are you talking about? I was talking about assuming responsibility for some wayward projects i.e. project management. You're equating that with "NWO dictators?" Get a grip, man!/QUOTE]

I am referring to the lists you posted about in post #441 and your comment that "you're not alone". My comments were an acknowledgement to the power of such lists.

If you had backtracked a few posts, you would have caught that. You should defer to the competence you referred to in post #444. Recommend we cease hijacking of a good post for veterans of the site in the meantime.....manVeterans/Military "sign in" honor list.

Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    If you had backtracked a few posts...
    Speaking of "if's," if you aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.

When your posts are not clear, they create the confusion you turn around and blame others for causing. Expecting others to retain 100% full and unfettered memory of an entire thread is not merely disingenuous. It's ludicrous.

As do nearly all message forum participants, I respond to each post as it's written, not the multiplicity of one's posts throughout the entire thread.

10. Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Speaking of "if's," if you aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.

When your posts are not clear, they create the confusion you turn around and blame others for causing. Expecting others to retain 100% full and unfettered memory of an entire thread is not merely disingenuous. It's ludicrous.

As do nearly all message forum participants, I respond to each post as it's written, not the multiplicity of one's posts throughout the entire thread.
    Continue to refer to your post #444 and giving up power to competency. Your attention to detail is non existent and if you're unable to track a post thread for your past positions then you sound similar to my aunt as she was short attention span theater much like yourself. Been nice trying to talk to you, stay in touch with yourself Son. SquirrelVeterans/Military "sign in" honor listVeterans/Military "sign in" honor list️!

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445