Nephew has his life planned

Thread: Nephew has his life planned

Nephew has his life planned

My twenty year old nephew has his life course plotted. He just joined the Army for 4 years, they guaranteed him a job in the armory like he wanted. He wants to learn about weapons. He tells me when he gets out he wants to be a Border Guard along the Mexican border till he is about fifty years old. He feels during this time he might get married. When he leaves the Border Guard job he wants to buy a gun shop/range and run it till he retires.
    He also wants to be creating a nice gun collection along the way.

My message to him... make sure if you get married that she's a good cook.

Awesome!! But tell him to buy the guns before the Wife!! It's a lot easier that way!!

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    My twenty year old nephew has his life course plotted. He just joined the Army for 4 years, they guaranteed him a job in the armory like he wanted. He wants to learn about weapons. He tells me when he gets out he wants to be a Border Guard along the Mexican border till he is about fifty years old. He feels during this time he might get married. When he leaves the Border Guard job he wants to buy a gun shop/range and run it till he retires.
    He also wants to be creating a nice gun collection along the way.

My message to him... make sure if you get married that she's a good cook.
    I might add that along with cooking that she knows how to run a reloading press. I would also suggest as a future wedding present for her would be a Dillon XL650.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

And, just in case, it's not a bad idea if HE learns to cook and take care of himself!
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

You might add that the wife is also an avid firearm's enthusiast and is financially independent to help start that gun shop. :) It never hurts to dream big.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)