Pres. fails to salute Marine while boarding Marine 1... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pres. fails to salute Marine while boarding Marine 1...

I wouldn't want him to salute me.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    As for me saluting out of uniform, I happen to work just North of PAFB in Colorado Springs, one day I was working late and at precisely 1558 they played “To the Colors” and at precisely 1600 “Retreat”; with out even giving it a conscious I snapped to and saluted.

Some habits die hard
    Last time I was on a base at that time of day I stopped what I was doing too. That had an affect on the military guys because they didn't expect it from a civilian. Living on base for some years is as you said, a hard habit to break when it comes to flag lowering.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I wouldn't want him to salute me.
    I went to a site today that offers a signed "in memory of" from the President. But when it said current one, nope, dad would not have wanted it.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Sometimes, pictures can say it all!

Attachment 9873Attachment 9874

Howdy,

During a 1/3 of my military time I wore civilian clothes on duty and it was normal not to salute while in civvies.

At the same time if an officer was present, especially a Major/Lt. Commander or above you stood at attention unless you were told to relax or parade rest.

If you/they were walking by you nodded respectfully and said "Good morning/afternoon/evening/night Sir/Ma'am." without saluting.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Surprised someone hasn't posted the pic of 4 presidents under held umbrellas yet. No one thought there was anything wrong with it for Regan and the Bush boys.

Presidential Umbrella Meme Win - Not the Singularity

And, the President did realize he messed up and came out of the helicopter before it left to shake the Marine's hand. None of this Presidential saluting back is official stuff - wasn't even started until Ronny Reagan started doing it...

8. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Sometimes, pictures can say it all!

Attachment 9873Attachment 9874
    Why did you have to clean-up gunny's language?

Been to several changing of the guard and vehicle tours of ANC, while I was there. The resting place has a reverence and spiritual aura that must be felt to fully comprehend the honor and sacrifice. I missed the presentation of the wreath while I was there, unfortunately.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12