Veterans Are Being Treated Like Absolute Trash - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Veterans Are Being Treated Like Absolute Trash

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    My neighbor's kid told me he's joining the army. I actually smacked him in the back of the head. My father was naval officer. I have tremendous respect for the military and thanks to those who served. But this kid should rethink it in this day in age.

I was a lifer for 20 yrs. None of my offspring will join up now, if I have any influence on them!
    Jim Page

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the dark View Post
    Yep...problem is this **** didn't start in the last 5 years...would have been good to hear your voice a decade ago. VA has been underfunded and vets treated badly since W's declaration of perpetual war. Until you have the balls to complain about it, no matter who is in office, then maybe it is better to STFU.

It's funny - I complained about W's BS and got chastised about being a "liberal". I complain about O's BS and get admonished for being a conservative. I am an GD American and call BS where I see it.
    You wouldn't have heard any admonishment from me.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPage View Post
    I was a lifer for 20 yrs. None of my offspring will join up now, if I have any influence on them!
    That was why I didn't go in in 1973. Dad had just gotten out of the Navy and my BIL was in the Air Force. Both said that things had gone down hill and were getting worse. It seems that after WW II, the gov't has taken a very anti military attitude.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

What a nice story seeing I'm going this month to the VA and register about my hearing loss whist active duty. (ALL officially documented and service related) At 17 when I went in, my hearing was perfect. 12 years later complete loss of high freq's. half loss off med freq's and "some impairment" of lower freq's. Had to have annual certs for the weapons system I worked on. The last one was going to pull my certs (also documented). Time to file....... Guess I'll just sit and wait. Gotta get used to it, MaoBama Care is coming.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    If you think it started under W, boy are you badly informed. You need to go back even further to in the 50s. Guys who went in in the 40s were promised lifetime medical care. It has become a joke not only at the VA, but also under Tri-Care. Dad joined in 1946 and retired in 1971. He refused to use the VA facilities because they were so bad. Even members of Congress know how bad it is as Walter Reed wasn't their choice for treatment. They went to Bethesda instead. The Vets have been betrayed by both the President and Congress.
    My father was in 1942 - 1955. He never used VA benefits. Later, in the last years before he died I took him to the VA hospital. While the doctors weren't the best, they gave us everything we needed... wheelchairs, walkers, ramps, chairs, feeding tubes, physical therapy, prescriptions, at home nurses and aids. It saved me a lot of money because insurance limits those benefits. This was Castle Point VA Hospital. They had the shiniest floors I've ever seen.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Still trying to live amongst the civilians. 22 years USN/DV and miss it everyday.

This is not a suprise. This is the 'Normal History' of America, Veterans and the VA.
    VA goes back to American Civil War and, as far as I know, has never worked the
    way it was planned.
    If 10 stories come out of a VA visit, 9 will not be positive.

~A Shameful part of America that continues~
    NRA LIFE/ENDOWMENT MEMBER - 1975 Passed-NYS Conservation Firearms Safety Instructor.
    LIFE MEMBER- VIETNAM VETERANS OF AMERICA
    U.S. NAVY SEAWOLVES- VIETNAM 69/70

Howdy the dark,

Quote Originally Posted by the dark View Post
    Yep...problem is this **** didn't start in the last 5 years...would have been good to hear your voice a decade ago. VA has been underfunded and vets treated badly since W's declaration of perpetual war. Until you have the balls to complain about it, no matter who is in office, then maybe it is better to STFU.

It's funny - I complained about W's BS and got chastised about being a "liberal". I complain about O's BS and get admonished for being a conservative. I am an GD American and call BS where I see it.
    During the Lil George/Cheney/Haliburton Regime on 2 different occasions while at the VAMC in Little Rock I was told by my PC Doc and a Ortho clinic Doc that ( paraphrasing ) "You Veterans are wasting my time and taxpayers money." I told my PC Doc "You stupid Bxxxh! If it wasn't for Us Veterans, you wouldn't have a job."

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

I retired at 55, and very soon health insurance costs became an issue. At anytime I could have gone out to the VA hospital here for any health care needs. A co-worker that retired at the same time took this path, and what he had to go through at the VA just to get meds he needed for diabetes was unbelievable. I didn't and found affordable coverage with high deductibles until I qualified for Medicare.

I have been to the VA hosp only to visit patients, I would rather go to a witch doctor that treated ailments by pulling out toenails or fingernail to treat ailments.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Howdy,

In defense of the VA,

I currently only use the VAMC even though I have pretty good insurance through work.

I'm as the VA calls me "50% or greater disabled" my HC including meds are free so I use the VAMC. I use an Outpatient clinic in Hot Springs and the level of professionalism, quality of care, etc. is top notch. I give it an A+ rating and two thumbs up!

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast