Veterans Are Being Treated Like Absolute Trash
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Veterans Are Being Treated Like Absolute Trash

Veterans Are Being Treated Like Absolute Trash

~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Blog Entries

Was Seal Team Six handed to the enemy?

“Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

My neighbor's kid told me he's joining the army. I actually smacked him in the back of the head. My father was naval officer. I have tremendous respect for the military and thanks to those who served. But this kid should rethink it in this day in age.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Blog Entries
    Meh, old news. Didn't he call us "selfish" for not footing our medical bills while deployed?

Yep...problem is this **** didn't start in the last 5 years...would have been good to hear your voice a decade ago. VA has been underfunded and vets treated badly since W's declaration of perpetual war. Until you have the balls to complain about it, no matter who is in office, then maybe it is better to STFU.

It's funny - I complained about W's BS and got chastised about being a "liberal". I complain about O's BS and get admonished for being a conservative. I am an GD American and call BS where I see it.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by the dark View Post
    Yep...problem is this **** didn't start in the last 5 years...would have been good to hear your voice a decade ago. VA has been underfunded and vets treated badly since W's declaration of perpetual war. Until you have the balls to complain about it, no matter who is in office, then maybe it is better to STFU.

It's funny - I complained about W's BS and got chastised about being a "liberal". I complain about O's BS and get admonished for being a conservative. I am an GD American and call BS where I see it.
    If you think it started under W, boy are you badly informed. You need to go back even further to in the 50s. Guys who went in in the 40s were promised lifetime medical care. It has become a joke not only at the VA, but also under Tri-Care. Dad joined in 1946 and retired in 1971. He refused to use the VA facilities because they were so bad. Even members of Congress know how bad it is as Walter Reed wasn't their choice for treatment. They went to Bethesda instead. The Vets have been betrayed by both the President and Congress.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by s&w645 View Post
    the vets have been betrayed by both the president and congress.
    Betrayed BigTime.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    If you think it started under W, boy are you badly informed. You need to go back even further to in the 50s. Guys who went in in the 40s were promised lifetime medical care. It has become a joke not only at the VA, but also under Tri-Care. Dad joined in 1946 and retired in 1971. He refused to use the VA facilities because they were so bad. Even members of Congress know how bad it is as Walter Reed wasn't their choice for treatment. They went to Bethesda instead. The Vets have been betrayed by both the President and Congress.
    Sometimes, you didn't have a choice where they sent you. Because of the conditions and maltreatment at Walter Reed, I rarely seek medical attention and when I do, it is not from any VA hospital. When my daughters were born, I didn't sleep until my wife was discharged and the nurses hated me because I did not let them alone with them.

Veterans Are Being Treated Like Absolute Trash-imageuploadedbytapatalk-21370388877.682641.jpg
    God bless and keep them safe.
    Veterans Are Being Treated Like Absolute Trash-imageuploadedbytapatalk-21370388978.065552.jpg

Sent from behind enemy lines.

For those of us who were lucky enough to return from Vietnam, I ask "What's new?"
    G'Day and G'lock

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast