What Was Your Rank? - Page 17
Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: What Was Your Rank?

1. USAF Lt Col with 27 years service...think I'll do two more years and punch. Getting harder to get join spouse assignments with my Lt Col wife and she has several years left before she can retire.

I concur completely that the rank is irrelevant once you're out. we're all same defenders of this great nation!

U.S.A.F. 1960-1967 E-4 Helicopter Mechanic/ Flight Engineer...Hill AFB Utah..Sembach AB Germany..Davis Monthan AFB Arizona...Da Nang Viet Nam....Home..Gresham Oregon...

Paroled from the Navy after 5 years, 10 months, 4 days, and 3 hours. I was a trustee (frocked E-5).
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

wolfhunter Guest
    Rick, you make military service sound like a felony conviction. Was your recruiter called "Your Honor"?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Rick, you make military service sound like a felony conviction. Was your recruiter called "Your Honor"?
    I was a Navy Nuc, need I say more?

My division on the Nimitz contained 80-85 guys at any one time, and in a 5 year period of time we had zero E-6 and below re-enlistments.
    Last edited by Rick O'Shay; 02-09-2009 at 10:39 PM.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

wolfhunter Guest
    Rick,
    I fully understand, but couldn't resist the easy joke. Aren't inter-service jokes a big part of the dealings between Navy & Marine Corps?

Rick,
    I fully understand, but couldn't resist the easy joke. Aren't inter-service jokes a big part of the dealings between Navy & Marine Corps?
    Squids....
    Semper Fi

tracker1860

AirForce,E4 Sgt (back in the 70s)
    Ga Air Guard, E4 Sgt (back in the 70s)
    Army, CW2 (back in the 80s)
    Now I just work for the Army.

Rick,
    I apologize for the misunderstanding, I thought that was funny, I just wanted to clarify why my memories of the Navy are less than fond.
    That did make me smile, it was pretty good, I just should have referenced it.

I just remembered a boy in bootcamp from Mississippi named Jones. He claimed a judge really did give him the choice between jail and the service for car theft. I wasn't really too sure he was telling the truth, especially when he got Radioman's school.
    Last edited by Rick O'Shay; 02-09-2009 at 10:57 PM.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay View Post
    I apologize for the misunderstanding, I thought that was funny, I just wanted to clarify why my memories of the Navy are less than fond.
    That did make me smile, it was pretty good, I just should have referenced it.

I just remembered a boy in bootcamp from Mississippi named Jones. He claimed a judge really did give him the choice between jail and the service for car theft. I wasn't really too sure he was telling the truth, especially when he got Radioman's school.
    We seem to be on the same page. Like RicBak said, "Squids."
    LOL

Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast