What Was Your Rank? - Page 22
Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: What Was Your Rank?

I ran the range from Ensign, Ltjg. to full Lt. by the time I was honorably discharged. I joined in 1967...Saw Newport...saw far away places. Learned to love guns and gunfire...it was the defining moment of my life. I was young and way more macho than I am now...age does that i think. Just lost my Lt USMC son-in- law to being killed last year. Semper Fi to us all!

Woman Marine, SSgt E-6, 12 years, 1968-1980, MOS 2861 Radio Tech

Sempre Fi!

Caitlin

Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    I ran the range from Ensign, Ltjg. to full Lt. by the time I was honorably discharged. I joined in 1967...Saw Newport...saw far away places. Learned to love guns and gunfire...it was the defining moment of my life. I was young and way more macho than I am now...age does that i think. Just lost my Lt USMC son-in- law to being killed last year. Semper Fi to us all!
    May your Son In Law rest in peace, Semper Fi! to all of our brother and sisters.
    Bill

I was a SP-5 Crew Chief in the Air Cav. when my tour was up.

E4
    US Army
    1st Infantry Division

SSgt, US Air Force - got out in 89 and went into LE. Wife also left as a SSgt - RN now.

[shameless plug] My son, Kyle, is currently a SSGT (JTAC - Joint Terminal Attack Controller) in the USAF and won the Bronze Star w/Valor Device for heroism during Fallujah 11/2004 as an A1C. He's served 2 tours in Iraq and 2 in Afghanistan since 20004. Needless to say, proud doesn't come close to describing my feelings for him. [/shameless plug]

Colorado Concealed Carry Instructor (NRA #7761556)
    Utah BCI Certified Firearms Instructor (#I101644)

U.S. Coast Guard Reserve, 1953 to 1960; includes two years sea duty "keeping the lights lit all the time, no matter what" (aids to navigation). Discharged as a QM2, with National Defense ribbon, Expert Rifle and Expert Pistol medals.
    sailor

I separated from the Active Army in '01 honorably as an E5(P) having joined in '90. My MOS was ridiculously over strength and promotions were slow. I met my wife and put her through college to become an RN when she got out. When I came out to get my degree she decided to return as an Officer; she didn't like the way civilian hospitals were run in our area. Now she is a CPT in the Army and deployed while I manage the homestead and three kids.

RRegtC

1964 to 1969 2Lt - Lt Platoon Cdr 3rd Platton B Coy Royal Regiment of Canada (Infantry)
    1970-1974 Capt OC B Coy then attached to Mobile Command

Good grunting back then,

Jim

11. US Army SFC (E-7) when I got out the first time.
    Then a Captain when I left the second time.
    Infantry, enlisted and officer.
    AIRBORNE!

Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast